Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thoughts About You

Since Tim is such a big supporter of my scrapbooking & especially my card-making hobbies, I wanted to do something a little special for his birthday. I asked our children and his parents, brother and one of his cousins to answer three questions for me. Those questions were:

1) What are some of your favorite Tim-isms (Dad-isms for Ian & Kendra) -- those things they remember him saying or doing frequently?

2) What are some of your favorite memories of Tim (Dad)?

3) What is something he has done that has really encouraged you?

I also answered the questions and then made a mini-album for him of pictures of him with each person (except for his cousin -- he unknowingly messed up my photo plans so I just have pictures of her with her family) and then each page has a pull-out with their answers to the questions. I doodled around the page edges with my favorite pen, a Zig Ball Writer. Most of the pictures I took on our recent trip to Ohio.

The pages are made with A4 envelopes. For every page except the front cover, I moistened the glue on the envelope flap and tucked it inside the envelope to make a pocket for the pull-out journaling card. All the papers are from a 4 x 6 mat stack of K & Company Hopscotch papers. I ran Ink It Up! blue ink around the paper & envelope edges. I used my crop-a-dile to punch the holes and hooked all the pages together with notebook rings. I folded scraps of patterened paper in half and my 1" Fiskar's circle punch for the tabs. I didn't punch the complete circle at the fold so that I would have a flat edge to hook the two circles together to make a tab.

Front Cover



Addtional Supplies: EK Success stickers & American Craft Thickers

Into & my pages



Addtional Supplies: EK Success "ME" sticker

Ian's Pages



Additional Supplies: Paperabilities epoxy photo corners

Kendra's pages



Additional Supplies: American Crafts Thickers

Tim's Parents



Additonal Supplies: MM rubons

Tim's Brother - Gregg

They call each other "Thupper" or "Thup" for short.
I'm not sure where the nickname came from. :)



Additonal Supplies: MM rubons

Tim's Cousin Angie & Her Family



Additional Supplies: Paperabilities epoxy photo corners

Edited to add: I was so excited to find out that this project was chosen as Layout of the Week at AC Bailey Designs for 7/25/09.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...