Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Say It With Scripture Challenge #2 - Habakkuk 3:18

Today I have the privilege of hosting the Say It With Scripture Challenge over at the Sweet 'n Sassy Connection.

The challenge is to use Sweet 'n Sassy Scripture digis or stamps.  Each week we focus on a different Scripture and that verse is offered as freebie Scripture digi stamp.  You may use the freebie or another Scripture stamp on your card/project.  You may use another Sweet 'n Sassy image as well but must use a Scripture digi/stamp.

Today's verse is Habakkuk 3:18 which says:  Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  If you read the verses preceding this one, you will find that the prophet is facing some things that truly have him afraid.  Verse 16 says that his belly trembled and his lip quivered.  However, even in the face of these troublesome circumstances he says, "Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation." The word that jumps out at me is "yet."  No matter what we're facing, we can choose to rejoice in the Lord and find our joy in the God of our salvation.

This really hit home to me.  3 1/2 weeks ago our daughter had emergency surgery and spent 11 days in the hospital.  Her recovery has been slow and painful.  Like most parents, watching our daughter suffer has been very difficult.  And YET we can find our comfort, strength & joy in the Lord.  And like the prophet says in verse 19, "The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places..."

Here is the card I made using this week's freebie Scripture:




I chose to make a criss cross card.  I used a tutorial and card design I found at SCS:  Criss Cross Card tutorial.  I decided to just use the Scripture verse for this card.  I printed it out on cream colored cardstock and cut it out with a circle nestie.  I backed it with some patterned paper cut with an Eyelet Circle nestie and accented it with some faux stitches.



Supplies:
Cardstock:  Recollections, Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  BG Origins
Stamp:  Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (Rejoicing in the Lord digi stamp set)
Other:  Ribbon-JoAnn's; Nestabilities (Circle, Eyelet Circle); Fiskars Border Punch (Threading Water); SU Journal Writer (Close to Cocoa).

I am also entering this card into the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #94.   For this challenge you are to doodle on your card/project.

Be sure to stop by the Sweet 'n Sassy Connection to snag your freebie Scripture digi stamp and play along with us this week.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Hi Stephanie - I hope and pray your daughter's recovery is coming along. As a mother, it hurts so much to see our children suffer. I know you would have taken her place if you could.

Thanks for sharing this scripture challenge. I wasn't aware of it and will head over there now and check it out.

~ Abby

Jan Marie said...

What a beautiful card, Stephanie! Thanks so much for sharing. Love the design and the colors you've selected!

MariLynn said...

WOW! Your doodling is fantastic.I especially like how you have the doodle around the flower. I love your criss cross card. Thanks for sharing with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ.

Miesje said...

This is a beautiful card! Great doodling! Thank you for sharing your story too! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Stephanie, what a fabulous card and your doodling is just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...