Friday, April 20, 2012

SNSS April Digi Stamp Release & SNSDC50



**Be sure to read to the end of this post to find out how to save 40% on your order from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps!!**

This week we're mixing it up a bit for our Sweet `n Sassy Digi Challenge .  The Digi Challenge DT are bringing you a fun Blog Hop to show off our April Digi Stamp Release!!

While you're hopping, be sure to leave a comment on each blog along the way because one of the ladies is a mystery blogger and she will be picking a random winner from the comments on her blog post to win a very special prize.  What is the prize?  I'm so glad you asked!  It's the WHOLE April Digi Release!!  The winner will be announced on the Sweet `n Sassy Digi Challenge Blog next Friday, April 27th.  

This week's challenge is to make it old.  We were to use distress/sponge techniques to make our project look old or vintage.  My card has lots of sponging on it but I'm not sure I captured "old."  Ah well, I did try.  :)



I got to play with the Opal Owl digi stamp.  I think she's adorable and just perfect for paper piecing.  I explained a little last week how I paper piece digi stamps.  In the next few days, I'll have a more complete tutorial with pictures ready for you.



I used several embossing folders in my Cuttlebug to add texture to the tree and grass. I have to thank my "design assistant" (aka my husband *grin*) for his suggestion of using a tree, for the "hill" of grass and the suggestion of using a small owl on the inside.  Gotta give credit where credit is due. After running the tree top, tree trunk, and grass thru the embossing folders, I sponged them with ink to brink out the embossing.  I used the ink pad directly on the paper on the hill before running it thru my embossing folder.  Yes, the tree does go off the top and side of the card a bit. However, I know I'm not sending this thru the mail in a regular envelope so it's all good.




This is a gate-fold card. You can find a tutorial on how to make them over on SCS.  A card like this just *has* to have interior decorating.  Here's how I finished the inside of my card.



Supplies:
Cardstock:  Georgia Pacific, Recollections, Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  Basic Grey (Oxford - green paper), KaiserCraft (Chanteuse)
Stamps:  Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Stamps (Opal Owl, Enjoy the View)
Ink:   Memento (Bamboo Leaves, Rich Cocoa), ColorBox Fluid Chalk (Chestnut Roan)
Embellishments/Tools:  Baker's Twine (The Twinery - Cappuccino, Honeydew, Cotton Candy), Spellbinders (Standard Circles - Lg & SM, Eyelet Circles), Cuttlebug Embossing Folders (Distressed Stripes, Victoria, Bird Call), Crystal Effects, Signo Opagque White pen, Sakura Clear Star Pen, SU Stampin' Write Pen (Closer to Cocoa), Copic marker (100 - Black),Martha Stewart Border Punch (used for grass)

I'm entering this card in the following challnges:
Terrifically Thrilling Thursday - Show Us What You Got (Anything Goes)
Stamptacular Sunday #159 - Freebie Week (Anything Goes) 
Paper Sundaes #166 - Anything Goes 
Craft Your Passion #106 - Die Cuts & Punches 
Papertake Weekly - A Stitch in Time (real or faux stitching) 
Paper Pretties Monday Challenge (PPMC35) - Embossing - dry or wet
Crafty Friends Challenge #2 - Two or more diecuts
 

Please remember to use only digital images for the challenge. Each card you enter in the challenge will get you one entry to be eligible to win three digis of your choice. You don't have to use a SNSS image but if you do you'll receive an extra entry. When uploading to online galleries, please use keyword SNSDC50.

I have one last thing to tell you before you head off to the DT blogs to see more of the new April Digi Stamp releases....





Now head off to the DT blogs to see Make It Old creations...


Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you'll come back soon.



19 comments:

Stephanie said...

this is so cute, love the sentiment.

Carol L said...

what a great gate-fold card! I love all the details!

Unknown said...

This is fantastic Stephanie!! This owl is so cute and love the tree you added! Wonderful gate-fold card too.

Unknown said...

You did wonderful on this creation, I love all the little extras. Great job!

Mary J said...

Oh Stephanie, what a very sweet card! I love your little scene and embossing!

Anita said...

Stunning card! I love the colors.

Melissa said...

I love all the different textures! Great card.

jimlynn said...

So very cute! I do love that little tree and hill you added with this precious image. Very nice!
Lynn

Patricia Hays said...

This is adorable! I like your attention to detail with the embossing and sponging and faux stitching.

Rina said...

Soooo cute! I love how the tree hangs off the card!
Thanks for joining us at http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com/
DT Member,
Rina

Darlene said...

This is just fabulous Stephanie! LOVE how you finished the inside! Thanks so much for joining our "ANYTHING GOES" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Anita said...

Awww...this is too darned cute! I especially love the embossed tree. Too fab! Thanks so much for joining us at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

Melinda Gleissner said...

Fantastic! Love all of the detail on your card, like the embossing on your tree and grass. Did I say FANTASTIC!?!

StephG said...

what an adorable card! I love the owl...so cute!
thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday!

Pat said...

Your use of diecuts and inking combined to make the cutest card! Love all of Opal's sentiments!

Sharon Caudle said...

OMG!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Papertake Weekly, and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Hazel said...

Love the idea of embossing the tree and grass. Great card. Hazel x

Cynthia said...

There is so much I love about this card. I love the gate fold. I will have to try that. I also really like the distressing. The embossing of the tree is awesome. And I like that there is a beautiful inside and so much area for their personal sentiments.

shell said...

what a great card, love the detail through out

shell x
http://shellscraftycorner.blogspot.co.uk

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...