Friday, July 6, 2012

SNSDC61 - Beach & Sand

This week's challenge at the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge Blog is to make a card or project that has to do with the Beach or Sand.  I chose to use both.  I used the Ocean Paradise digi stamp and a sentiment from Enjoy the View.  After coloring my image with Copic Markers, I used Crystal Effects from Stampin' Up on the water and also used Crystal Effect to glue real sand from Nags Head, NC, on the sand section of the image.  After sponging in the sky, I drew a few birds.



Supplies:
Cardstock - Bazzill, Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper - Echo Park (Hello, Spring)
Stamps - Sweet 'n Sassy digis (Enjoy the View, Ocean Paradise)
Embellishments/Tools - Copics, Offray Ribbon, SU Crystal Effects, CM fine tip black journaling pen, Spellbinders Grand Labels One, and sand from the beach in Outer Banks, NC

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Stampin' Sisters in Christ #146 - Use Something New (my paper & a new technique - I've never added sand to a card before) 
Tuesday Throwdown #104 - Summertime (nothing says summer to me more than the beach)
Terrifically Thrilling Thursday - Use an image and text
Chocolate, Coffee, & Cards Challenges #16 - Anything Goes

I hope you'll play along with us this week.  Thanks for stopping by today.  I'm going to keep this quick as we made an "across several states" move yesterday.  We'd appreciate your prayers as we get settled.

4 comments:

happyscrapper said...

Love yoour card. The sand from the outer banks make it much more special. I love the outer banks of N.C. Thanks for joining us at CCCC, and hope to see you back next time.
Hugz,
Christine

Darlene said...

WOW ... real sand! What a clever idea! Thanks so much for joining our "WHAT THE TEXT" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Shannon White said...

Such a Lovely Beach scene! One of my favs! 8-) Super idea to use real sand! It looks Fabulous! So glad you could join us at Tuesday Throwdown! 8-)

Cynthia said...

This is lovely, Stephanie. Wow, and you've used real sand!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...