Friday, August 17, 2012

Flower Cake - SNSDC67


This week's challenge at the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge Blog is to use 3-D flowers as an embellishment.  This can be a layered digi stamp flower, a paper flower you made from dies, or any other type of flower that has dimension.



I chose to add some Prima flowers to the Flower Cake digi stamp.  After coloring the image with Copics, I cut it out with Spellbinders Nestabilities.  I double matted the image panel.  Then, using a 1/16" hole punch, I punched a hole through the center of each of the flowers on the top of the cake.  The prima flowers I used have stems so I pushed them stems thru the holes in the stamped flowers and taped the stems to the back of the image. I popped the image up on pop dots. I chose not to put a sentiment on the card so that I can use it later as either a special birthday card, a bridal shower card or even a wedding card.  I love options!!  :)


I did a little interior decorating as well.



Supplies:
Cardstock:  Georgia Pacific (white), Recollections (teal, pink)
Patterned Paper:  SU
Stamp:  Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Stamp (Flower Cake)
Embellishments/Tools:  Flowers (Prima), Bling Flourish (Recollections), Copic Markers, Fiskars Threading Waters border punch, Spellbinders Nestabilities (Petite Ovals large and small, Petite Scalloped Ovals large), Ribbon (Michael's), Zutter Round-it-All 1/2", 1/16" hole punch (brand unknown)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown #111 - Sweet Treats
Paper Pretties Monday Challenge #52 (PPMC52) - Anything Goes
Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge #219 (PWC219) - Square Cards
Divas by Design #48 - sketch
Papertake Weekly - Spots or Stripes (my cake has stripes and there are dots in the patterned paper)
52 Card Pickup #33 - Make a card

My big accomplishment for the week was getting my scrap space organized!  Whew!  What a job!  However, it is so much easier to work in the new space because there's more room to spread out as I'm working.  I'll try to post a few pics soon.  Except for hanging some pictures, I *think* we're unpacked.  Yippie!!

Thanks for stopping by today. 


8 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

awesome card!!!!

Patrice said...

What a gorgeous cake - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-33.html

Brodders said...

Lovely card :) Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly and good luck - Jane x

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, lovely image and such pretty paper...Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

Tabitha Davis said...

Great job on your project!! Love it:)
Thank you for joining us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge # 111

Kim said...

A beautiful card. The cake looks so sweet.
Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown. Hope to see you next week.

Kim

http://sherrodstudiostamps.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

Love this, great use of sketch. Thanks for joining us at Divas this week x

Makiko Jones said...

This is gorgeous Stephanie! I love the tea roses and they are perfect for the cake!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...