Friday, June 21, 2013

Psalm 46:1 - God is Our Refuge

When I saw this card made by Gina K on StampTV, I knew I wanted to try her card layout. I really like the layered nestabilities.   I changed up a few things, colors, stamp, brad size, and I used patterend paper instead of stamping my background.  However, the card layout is totally Gina K.


This verse holds such a special meaning for me. The past few days, I've experienced God's strength and help once again during a very trying week.  He never fails and is always faithful to aid and protect us each and every time we need Him.  It doesn't matter if our need is big or small, God is always there. 

The patterned paper is cut into 3/4" strips and matted on the dark red cardstock.  Then a piece of ribbon was added across these layers.  I waited to mount this to the cream cardstock card base until after I'd added the brads.


I stamped the sentiment on cream cardstock and then die cut it with a circle nestabilities.  While it was still in the die, I inked it with distress ink.  I die cut the Fancy Tags 3 and Lacey Circles die cuts, layered them and matted the sentiment on top.  Then I added the pearl brads.

Supplies:
Cardstock - Recollections (cream), Bazzill (dark red), Cor'dinations (gray)
Patterned Paper - MME Miss Caroline (Dilly Dally 6 x 6 pad)
Stamp - Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (Our Refuge)
Ink - Memento (Tuxedo Black), Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Peacock Feathers)
Embellishments/Tools - ribbon (Offray), brads (Spare Parts Bubble Jewel Brads), Spellbinders (Classic Circles Large, Lacey Circles, Fancy Tags 3)

I'm entering it in the following challenges:
Cupcake Craft Cupcake 247 - Sentiment is the focus
Crafty Ribbons #49 - Flowers galore
4 Crafty Chicks #147 (4CCC147) - Sentiment Only
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #225 (FTTC225) - Scallops

Thanks for stopping by this evening.  I hope you enjoy your weekend.

7 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

A beautiful card Stephanie, thank you for sharing with Cupcake Craft Challenges this week.

Love and blessings
Maarit

Cazza said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Cupcake Craft Challenges :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
x

Katie Sims said...

What a beautiful card and verse! The colors, die cuts and papers you used are lovely! So glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday challenge! :)

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our Sentiments Only Challenge, great job!

Leanne DT!
4 Crafty Chicks

Tamie said...

Absolutely love how you highlighted your sentiment! Awesome, colors, layout and papers! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Fantastic inspiration!

Lori Turner said...

Such a pretty card :) Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Anke said...

Beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
hugs Anke

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...