Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Teach Me, O Lord

Hello, Friends!  I hope you're having a good week.  The headache fog of the past month or so has lifted so I feel like a new person.  :)

It's time for another Word Art Wednesday challenge.  This week our focus verse is Psalm 119:33, "Teach me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes: and I shall keep it unto the end."  As I just read this verse again, it struck me that the Lord doesn't expect us to "just know" what He wants us to do.  He is willing to teach us if we are willing to learn.  As we think of this being "back to school" season, let's not forget that we should be in a constant state of learning spiritually.  The Lord is a willing Teacher; our responsibility is to listen, learn and apply what He teaches us.  That's where the "...I shall keep it unto the end" part of the verse comes into the picture.  We need to not only listen but we need to apply what we've been taught.  This is true "lifelong learning."

For my card this week, I chose to use this week's Sweet Stop Sketch.  It's a simple sketch that is perfect for making a sentiment the focus.



As usual, I did quite a bit of layering.  I would not normally think of this shade of blue/teal and orange going together but with this patterned paper it works.  I used several different die cuts



The button in the center of the triple loop bow is actually two buttons.  The bottom button is a two hole type that I attached with floss.  The top button had a sort of well in the bottom that fit perfectly over the floss.  I used Crystal Effects to glue them together.



I did a bit of interior decorating.  In this picture you can see a peek of it and also see how I popped up the sentiment panel layers.


Supplies:
Cardstock:  Bazzill (orange), Recollections (teal/blue), Georgia Pacific (white)
Patterned Paper:  Recollections
Stamp: WordArt by Karen
Tools/Embellishments: Spellbinders (Classic Squares Large & Small, Lacey Squares, Classic Edges 2), ribbon (Offray), buttons (Making Memories)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Sweet Stop Sketch #223 (SSS223) - sketch
SNS August Release Party Challenge #3 - Make the sentiment the focus
2 Sisters Challenge #156 - Favorite Embellishment (ribbon is about my all-time favorite embellishment)
Inky Impressions Challenge #121 - Anything with Wings
Crafty Ribbons #56 - Anything Goes with Ribbon
Make It Monday #153 - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges #140 - Use lace and/or ribbon
Aud Sentiments Challenge #87 - Anything But a Birthday Card


Thanks for stopping by to visit today.  I hope you'll stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have to show you and to pick up your free digi.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this verse and the pretty butterfly paper. A wonderful card that brightened my day. :) Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful butterfly paper and how the sentiment just pops off the paper. So nice also to see the inside of a card decorated too. Potted your card on MIM this week. Hugs Mrs a.

E said...

Beautiful card and love the sentiment! Thank you for playing with us this week at Inky Impressions! Hugs E

Papercrafting Princess said...

Teal and orange are beautiful together. I love the design on the front and inside. Lovely card and the sentiment is a blessing

Unknown said...

A beautiful card with a great sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop!

Katherine K :) said...

Gorgeous card! Love all the pretty detail and the layers! Saw you over at MIM and popped by for a visit!

Hugs,
Katherine xx

PS. I noticed you also popped by my blog. Thanks for the visit!

Tanya said...

beautiful color combination. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions this week!

Debbie said...

This is beautiful!! That color combo is really pretty!

~ Jo ~ said...

Beautiful card and lovely sentiment. TFS!

Thanks for linking up with us at Aud Sentiments!

Hugs,
Jo

Mel @ Princess Melus Crafts said...

Great card, lovely sentiment and great colours.

Thank you for sharing this with us at Aud Sentiments!

Mel xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...