Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Panda Pride

Happy New Year!!  I truly didn't fall off the face of the earth.  Our daughter and son-in-law were visiting with us over New Year's and for the first few days of 2014.  Then the day they left, I came down with the flu.  Ugh!   I'm feeling lots better now and just have the residual cough and fatigue.  I'll soon be back to a regular posting schedule.  In fact, be sure to come back tomorrow as I'll be participating in:


What better way to start off the New Year than with some great creative inspiration and free digis??  The fun starts tomorrow morning at 7AM EST and ends Sunday evening at 7PM EST.  Be sure to stop by Deedee's Digis for the full details. 



Today, I have a simple card to share with you.  One of Deedee's new sets is called Panda Pride.  Our daughter loves pandas so this set was one I just *had* to have.  :) Of course, the first card I made with it had to go to her.  She has a 4' stuffed panda she adores, so for fun, while she was away on a trip, I had her panda, Ajax, send her the card.  It was a hit!  :)

I used the pre-colored panda from the set and printed him out twice.  I fussy cut both and popped one on top of the other for dimension.  I layered the sentiment behind the main panel in a window type effect more pop dots.  The main panel was embossed and inked before being matted and attached to the card base.  This picture shows some of the dimension of the card.  In an unusual event, the Wink of Stella glitter I used on the panda and the black sentiment frame is quite visible in the picture.



Supplies:
Cardstock:  Georgia Pacific, Bazzill
Stamps:  Deedee's Digis (Panda Pride)
Ink:  Memento (Bamboo Shoots)
Tools/Embellishments: Zig Wink of Stella glitter pen (clear), Spellbinders Ovals Dies Large, Darice embossing folder (Birch Tree)

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope your New Year has gotten off to a healthy start!  Please come back tomorrow and join in the fun of Deedee's Digis One-Stop Hop.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...