Wednesday, February 12, 2014

They That Seek The Lord

This week's focus verse at Word Art Wednesday is Psalm 34:10, "The young lions do lack and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing."  I love the Psalms and find them to be a great comfort.  This verse is one of those comfort verses that let us know that even when times are tough, the Lord is still with us and will provide what we need.  It doesn't mean that we won't suffer but that if it's good for us, the Lord will provide it for us.



For my card today I chose to use a color that is unusual for me....orange.  I layered several patterned papers in strips and then used a border die cut to help define the layers.  The best part is that the two borders you see are actually from one die.  I used the Lacey Eyelet Border die from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  If you look at the bottom die you can see how I cut the strip down the middle to make two totally different designs.  I love being able to stretch my supplies/tools that way.



I used the Framed Comfort set from Deedee's Digis to frame this week's focus verse.  This set has 8 color images and 10 outline images.  It is so versatile!  It comes with 4 Scriptures in frames and also has just the frame outlines so that you can use your own verses/sentiments. After using one of the outline images to frame this week's verse, I fussy cut it and then also fussy cut a mat behind it.  I popped it up over the patterned paper strips with pop dots so that I didn't have to worry about the layers making it lumpy. 



I also added some of the butterflies from the set.  You can see in the picture below how I layered two butterflies on top of each other for the bottom right butterfly and just adhered the other two butterflies in the center so their wings could be free.  All the butterflies were colored with copics, fussy cut and given pearl bodies and flight paths.  I used my Wink of Stella glitter pen on their wings.



Supplies:
Cardstock:  Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper:  Unknown (I received a large box of patterned paper as a RAK - these papers are from that box)
Stamps:  WORDart by Karen (Psalm 34:10), Deedee's Digis (Framed Comfort)
Copics: Y11, 13, 15, 17, 35, 38; YR07, 20
Tools/Embellishments:  Wink of Stella brush glitter pen (clear), pearls (Recollections, The Paper Studio), Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps border die (Lacey Eyelet)

I'm entering this card in the Just B Creative Crazy - Just Because challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Please don't forget to stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog and see the other Design Team projects and to pick up your free digi.

1 comment:

vic said...

This is so pretty I love the butterflies :)
Hugs
Vic

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...