Wednesday, May 14, 2014

For It is God Which Worketh in You...

I really like this week's focus verse at Word Art Wednesday.  It's Philippians 2:13, "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."  When things happen in my life, or in the lives of those I love, it's good to know that it is God that is working in my life.  He is controlling the events of my life and it is for my good and His pleasure.  He knows what is best.  A friend and I were recently discussing the struggles our children were having.  We both agreed that the road to spiritual growth is not an easy one.  As moms, we don't want to hinder our children's spiritual growth but we sure wish they didn't have to struggle so much.  We rest in the knowledge that God is working of them for their best.



Today's card is a bit different for me.  I use digi stamps all the time but rarely use digi papers.  However,  when I saw this cute Seashells digi set from Deedee's Digis, I decided to use some of the papers too.  I printed all the papers, images and sentiments on Neenah Solar White cardstock.



I have to tell you, using the digi papers sure made putting the card together so fast.  Using this week's great challenge sketch from The Kraft Journal made it even faster.  I think I'll be reaching for this sketch often!  Using Word I layered the brown swirl paper on the seashell paper.  After printing it out, I decided I just had to have a mat.  So I cut out the brown swirl paper, added the kraft mat and then adhered the panel back on top.  An added bonus to not printing them separately is that I saved some printer ink.



I added some faux stitching, enamel dots and some glitter from a Wink of Stella marker to finish off the front.  I ran an E25 Copic marker around the edges of my digi elements and kraft mats.  The E25 marker is almost an exact match for the brown swirl paper.



I added a sentiment, image and digi paper on the inside of the card too.  I did all the layering for the interior in Word too.  This also helped save that precious computer ink.



Supplies:
Cardstock:  Neenah Solar White, Recollections kraft
Stamps:  WORDart by Karen (Philippians 4:13), Deedee's Digis (Seashells)
Tools/Embellishments:  Spellbinders dies (Classic Squares Large and Small), My Minds Eye Chalk Talk enamel dots, Uniball white gel pen, Staedtler Tri-plus fine tip black marker, Wink of Stella clear brush marker, Copic E25 marker

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
The Kraft Journal Challenge #171 - Sketch
Chocolate Coffee & Cards Challenge - Circles and Squares
Just B Creative Crazy - Anything Goes
Just Keep on Creating - Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Here Comes Summer
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use Dies

Thanks for visiting with me today.  Please be sure to stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog to pick up your free digi and for some special inspiration.  The design team for one of this week's sponsors, Flying Unicorn, have made projects to share with you.  I know you won't want to miss seeing them.  Have a good week - the weekend is in sight!

5 comments:

Sam K said...

Fab card, that backing DP is just perfect with this image. Thank you for joining us over at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenge. Good luck, Hugs Samantha K x

Unknown said...

Love the images and papers on your Summer card for our challenge at Top Tip Tuesday. Thanks for joining us!

Karen Letchworth said...

Stephanie: I love your card for SO many reasons. I also appreciate it for more than one reason. From the scripture/word art to the fact that you're a treasure friend, a valued member of the WAW DT, and...you took the time to base your card on TKE sketch, and even just you being you. I'm so super blessed by this card, and by you in general. Thanks for everything, and BLESS YOU for sharing this wonderful card (and your talents) everywhere you do - including this week's challenge.
Blessings to you,
Karen
The Kraft Journal

Anonymous said...

fabulous card and sentiments, Thanks for joining in at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha

Kat W said...

A lovely design and the shells definitely make me think of summer at the beach!
Thanks for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Kat x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...