Sunday, June 15, 2014

Better Late than Never

This post is long overdue!  We had a bad storm Tuesday night that fried our modem.  We just got the internet fixed today.  We also lost most of our water pressure but thankfully we didn't lose water completely and we got it back in full force by Thursday evening.  I was also thankful we didn't lose power.  Anyway, that's the reason behind my Word Art Wednesday card being posted today.  :)  I have some other cards ready to show you so I may have multiple posts this week. 



This week's focus verse at Word Art Wednesday is Psalm 73.25, "Whom have I in heaven but thee?  and there is none upon the earth that I desire beside thee."  We frequently look forward to that day in Heaven when we'll see those family and loved ones who have gone before us.  That is a reasonable and comforting expectation.  But sometimes we forget that when we get to Heaven, our immediate focus is going to be on seeing and worshiping our wonderful Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  This verse, is the Psalmists reminder that truly, there is NO ONE on earth or in Heaven that is more important that the Lord.  So yes, I am greatly looking forward to seeing my parents again one day but MUCH more than that, I can't wait to see the Lord.



I've seen several swing cards on the internet in recent months.  However, most of them require a special die or complicated partial die cutting.  I was really happy when I found this YouTube tutorial by Dreaming About Rubber Stamps.  It doesn't require any dies just scoring and cutting with your trimmer.  In my version, I also cut the patterned paper to cover the card base.  That was truly the hardest part.


The picture above is the card in "mid-swing." The background for the swing portion and the ribbon look black in my pictures but they are actually navy.  The background cardstock behind the verse was run thru an embossing folder for some texture.  Selected flowers in the patterned paper have a rhinestone added to the centers and others got a coat of glitter from a Wink of Stella brush marker.



Here is the interior of the card.  A corner punch provides the details and a few rhinestones were added for accents.  The hardest part on this was cutting the white panel the correct size.  One of these days, I'll figure out the formula and write it on the bottom of the punch.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), Bazzill (gray, navy)
Patterned Paper:  My Minds Eye (The Sweetest Thing - Bluebell)
Stamp:  Papercraft Memories (Psalm 73:25)
Ink:  Memento (Paris Dusk)
Tools/Embellishments: Stampin' Up Journal Writer (Night of Navy), Uniball Sign white gel pen, Zig Wink of Stella brush marker (clear), ribbon (Offray), baker's twine (Jillibean Soup), rhinestones (The Paper Studio), Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large dies, My Favorite Things Scalloped Doily Duo die, EK Success corner punch, Cuttlebug embossing folder (Victoria)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #181 - Anything Goes 
Fan-tastic Tuesday Challenge #39 - Anything Goes 
Crafty Ribbons Challenge #93 - Anything Goes with Ribbon 
Wags 'n Whiskers Stamps Challenge #131 - Fancy Folds 
 

I hope you'll stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog to pick up your free digi.  The rest of the DT have some beautiful projects to share with you.  There's still time to enter this week's challenge with your project.  We'd love to see what you're working on this week.

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Crafty Judith said...

Gorgeous card hun - thanks for stopping by at Fan-Tastic Tuesday hugs Judith DT x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...