Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Ears to Hear

 
Hi!  I hope your week is going well! As you know, Wednesday, at least on my blog, means it's time for another Word Art Wednesday challenge.  This week, we're focusing on Revelation 2:7, "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God."  When you were a child, and your parent told you to do something, did your slow (or lack of) response make them question whether your ears were working correctly?  "Do you have cotton in your ears?"  "Can't you hear me talking to you?"  That's what the first part of this verse makes me think of whenever I read it.  It's kind of like we're being told, "If you have ears, you should be listening."  I don't think this is referring to audible sound but instead to a heart that is willing to listen to what the Lord has to say to us thru the Holy Spirit.  In this verse, instead of a command or prohibition, the one who is willing to listen is rewarded by a promise of reward for remaining faithful.


This week, I chose to showcase the Scripture by layering various die cuts.  The base cardstock was embossed with an embossing folder and then spritzed with shimmer spray.  The patterned paper was also spritzed with the same shimmer spray.  I know it's hard to see in the pictures, but it's so pretty in real life.


The purple die cut is popped up over the black base and the Scripture panel and mat are popped up over the ribbon.  A pearl flourish and a button with an added pearl center finish off the front.  Ribbons and pearls are my favorite embellishments.


I gave the interior a little more decorating and added another die cut as a space for a message.


Supplies
Cardstock:  Recollections
Patterned Paper:  DCWV (Butterfly Garden 12 x 12 pad)
Stamp: WORDart by Karen (Revelation 2:7)
Tools/Embellishments: Spellbinders dies (Timeless Rectangles, Radiant Rectangles, Labels One, Decorative Labels One), May Arts ribbon, Want2Scrap pearl flourish, Michael's pearl, button from my stash, Tsukineko Shimmer Spritz (Frost), Cuttlebug embossing folder (Wicker Weave)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Scrapbook Blessings Club Challenge #29 - Anything Goes
Cuttlebug Mania - Anything Embossed
Going Gray with Scrap Creations - Favorite embellishment(s) (for me that's ribbon & pearls)

Thanks for visiting with me today.  As always, I'd like to encourage you to stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog for your free digi and inspiration by the rest of the Design Team.


4 comments:

Cindy said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at SBC. Cindy-DT

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Beautiful Card.
Thank you for joining in at Scrapbook Blessings Club Challenge. Good Luck. Annette

Kimbo said...

So beautiful

Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time and hope to see you again soon x

Sandy Hentzel said...

What a wonderful card project?! Just lovely! Thanks for playing along with Scrapbook Blessings Club. I hope you have a blessed day,
Sandy
♥ Scrapbook Blessings Club DT ♥
♥ A Working Mom's Joy ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...