Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I Wish Above All Things

It's time for a new challenge at Word Art Wednesday.  This week our focus verse is 3 John 2, "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."  When we have those we love that struggle with their health, we so often pray for the Lord to heal them.  And, that is as it should be....as long as we're praying for the Lord's will to be done.  This verse gives a great perspective on health and prosperity.  Those two things come in line AFTER the condition of our soul.  Our relationship is what is most important.  It's much more important than how much money we have in the bank, how "easy" our life is or how healthy we are.  I don't mean to sound uncaring.  This hits home with me - we have children with chronic illnesses.  My heart aches to know they deal with pain and illness on an everyday basis. But, even more than I want the Lord to heal them, I want them to have a close relationship with Him.  Yes, even if that means that on this earth they will remain chronically ill.  You see, this life is temporary.  In Heaven, they will be perfectly and forever healed. So yes, wish for good health and prosperity for your loved ones but in direct proportion to their relationship with the Lord. 


My card this week uses the current Mojo Monday sketch for its design. The background panel was embossed with a woodgrain embossing folder and then lightly inked.  I really liked the birdhouse paper and did not want to totally cover it up.  So, I pulled out that vellum paper I've been hoarding, printed the Scripture on it and framed it with a Lacey Circle diecut.  A ribbon, button, and twine bow finish it off.


The interior decorating was kept simple as well.  Just a strip of the birdhouse paper matted with the navy cardstock.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Recollections (kraft, navy), WorldWin Vellum
Patterned Paper:  Pebbles (Family Ties 6x6 paper pad)
Stamp:  WORDart by Karen (3 John 2)
Ink: Distress Ink (Tea Dye)
Tools/Embellishments: ribbon (The Ribbon Boutique), button (LaMode), Spellbinders dies (Circles Large and Small, Lacey Circle), Darice embossing folder (Woodgrain)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
MOJO Monday (MOJO381) - Sketch
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #228 - Embossing

Thanks so much for taking time to visit with me today.  I hope your week is going well.  Please be sure to stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog and see what the rest of the Desgin Team have made.  You may also pick up your free digi while you are there.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Love the embossed background and the quote is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Kim -TTDT
Lily Patch Stamps

Donna K said...

I love the richness of your woodgrain embossing. What a lovely background to your beautiful card. Wonderful scripture and very pretty inside as well! Thank you for sharing at Tuesday Throwdown! ~Donna K

Gaylynn said...

Hi Stephanie. This is pretty inside and out. I like the vellum and how you see through the circle.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a lovely card and wonderful verse. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

oh I love the paper you have used! The inside is so cute too! I need to remember my insides more!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...