Thursday, April 9, 2015

Smart Owl

Hello, I hope your week is going well.  I'm sorry my post is so late.  I've had some computer/internet problems and wasn't able to get my post It’s time for another challenge at Word ArtWednesday.This week’s focus verse is one of my all-time favorite Scriptures. Psalms 126:3, “The Lord hath done great things for us whereof we are glad.”My brother sent me this verse after our son was in a car accident and only had minor injuries.Since that time, I’ve found that it is applicable in so many situations…good and bad. A wreck isn’t generally considered good news, but when the only un-crushed space in the car is the exact rectangle where your son is, yes, you can say, “The Lord hath done great things for us whereof we are glad.” When someone shares good news, it’s a great way to rejoice in how the Lord has worked in their life.When someone has reached a milestone or major accomplishment, that’s also a good time to rejoice in the great things the Lord has done.  



Robyn’s Fetish is one of our fantastic sponsors this week and I was able to play with Smart Owl.I thought it was perfect for this verse. When someone reaches the point of graduating from a course of study, that is cause for great rejoicing!! 



Smart Owl was colored with Copic markers. His eyeglass lenses were coated with Glossy Accents for some shine. He takes center stage on this 5.5" square gate-fold card.  The left-over pieces from a corner bracket punch frame the four corners. 



On the back of the image panel, this week's focus verse has it's own showcase.  Some background stamping adds some interest to the solid kraft cardstock.  A bracket punch sets off the interior sentiment. 



 When sandwiching the image and sentiment panels for the gatefold, there was a gap because of all the layers.  A piece of fun foam helped keep things level.  I didn't want the white of the foam to show, so I used Copic marker E29 to color the edges.  

Supplies: 
Cardstock:  Paper Trey Ink (white for image), Georgia Pacific (all other white cardstock and card base), Bazzill (brown), Recollections (kraft) 
Patterned Paper:  Kaisercraft (Secret Bird Society Collection - Undercover) 
Stamps:  WORDart by Karen (Psalm 126:3), Robyn's Fetish digi (Smart Owl), Autumn Leaves clear stamps (Swirls), Inkadinkado wood mount (Congratulations) 
Ink:  VersaFine (Vintage Sepia, Onyx Black) 
Copics: (Y11, 13, 15, 17, 35, 38; E02, 04, 07, 08, 09, 11, 25, 29, 31, 33, 35, 37; N1, 3, 5, 7, 9; W1; B21, 23, 26; R24, BG000, 01; Colorless Blender) 
Tools/Embellishments: Staedtler fine tip marker (brown), Fiskars Decorative Corner Lever Punch (Bracket), Darice Fun Foam, Glossy Accents, Spellbinders dies (Class Squares Large) 

 I'm entering this card in the following challenges:  
Pile it On Challenge #64 - Die Cuts or Punches - I have both 
V's Sweet Ideas Challenge #33 - Anything Goes  
ABC  Challenge - G is for Go Digital (must use something digital - the owl image and Scripture are digis) 
Crafty Creations Challenges #286 - Anything Goes 
CropStop Linky Party 3 - Anything Goes (I used my Cuttlebug, and some Glossy Accents,  which are available in the Crop Stop store) 
Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge #80 - Use a die or punch (I used both)  
Inky Chicks Challenge #49 - Stitching (Real or Faux - I used faux)  
DigiChoosday Week 14 - Use a die (I used a square Spellbinders die)
Fab 'n Funky Challenge #254  - Bingo (diagonal bottom left to top right - punches, digi image, faux stitching)  
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge - Use a punch 

I hope you'll stop by the Word Art Wednesday this week for more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team and to pick up your free digi.  Thanks for visiting today.

7 comments:

Crafty Judith said...

Hi and fantastic card just the job at Fan-Tastic Tuesday thanks for join us this week very good luck crafty hugs Judith DT xxx

What I Created Next said...

Wonderful card. Great colouring too. Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Use a Die challenge (DT)

Lin said...

Beautifully coloured image. Perfect for a graduating student.

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin
ABC

Meighan Wheller said...

Love this image and it is beautifully coloured. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges. Meighan DT

Pia S said...

Nicely designed, both inside and outside. And I'm a big fan of owls...

Helen said...

Love that owl and your card shape looks great.

Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky.

Helen x

Karen Letchworth said...

I just LOVE this owl, and thanks for sharing him in our challenge this time.
Karen
Crop Stop

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...