Wednesday, December 16, 2015

I Will Be Glad and Rejoice

Hello! I hope your week is going well. It's time for another challenge at Word Art Wednesday and this week we're focusing on a verse in Psalms. Psalm 9:2 says, I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most high. When you think of all the blessings in your life, how can you help but rejoice in the Lord and sing His praises? A friend and I were just emailing tonight about how grateful we are for our friendship, even though we've never met in real life. The Lord definitely gave me a great blessing when He allowed our online paths to cross. It's easy to rejoice in the good times but it's more challenging to rejoice when we're going through deep waters. My nephew's wife is experiencing some major health issues and yet she continues to praise the Lord and express her trust in Him. She is praising the Lord even though she's suffering. Her posts may be to encourage herself but she's also an encouragement to me. Today's card will be going to her.


I've wanted to try two-step stamps for a long time. I was gifted a set of floral images from The Ton Stamps and couldn't wait to get them inky. I've been impatiently waiting to get settled from the move in order to do so. I used 10 different colors of ink on this card. That has to be a record for me. I started by making my own patterned paper with several of the flowers and leaves. After printing this week's WORDart and cutting it to a tag shape, I accented the tag with some of the images. The tag was double mounted with cardstock and popped up over the stamped background. The front was finished off the a burlap ribbon knot and a scattering of small rhinestones. The rhinestones trail across the card on the diagonal to help keep the eye moving.


I was having so much fun that I didn't stop with the card front...I decorated the inside of the card too.



And then, I decided that the envelope should get some attention as well. I'll be reaching for this set again and again.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), The Paper Studio (green), The Kraft Outlet (Lunch Bag Kraft
Stamps: WORDart by Karen (Psalm 9:2), The Ton Stamps (Mini Wild Florals)  
Inks: Memento (Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart, Rose Bud, Lulu Lavender, Lilac Posies, Angel Pink, New Sprout, Summer Sky, Grape Jelly, Paris Dusk)
Tools/Embellishments: Burlap Ribbon (The Kraft Outlet), Rhinestones (Queen & Co, Rhinestone Trios - Crystal)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Mojo Monday 428 - Sketch
The Kraft Journal Challenge #254- Take Your Pick (I chose to use ribbon, green, tag, envelope)
Sweet Stamps December Challenge - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Crop Stop Linky Party #11 - Use something from the Crop Stop Store (I used lots of Memento Ink)
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge - Anything Goes
Mod Squad Challenge - Anything But....

Thanks so much for visiting with me today. In this busy season of the year, your time is extra valuable so I truly appreciate you stopping by. Please visit the Word Art Wednesday blog for your free WORDart and to see more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.

3 comments:

Birgit said...

What a sweet design on this card! I love that you gave some love to the inside of the card too. My cards are most often neglected and forgotten on the inside. And the envelope too? You are awesome!

ScrappyHorses said...

What lovely, soft colors! Such a beautiful card and the matching envelope definitely sets the tone for your sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us over at TTCRD.
Katrina
ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com

Judy Woodland said...

oh my, this is such a lovely card. I really like all the colors you have used. When I read your post, I had to smile. I, too, have been blessed with many wonderful friends that I have never actually met. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...