Tuesday, January 26, 2016

I Thought of You Today Version 2


I have a friend that sometimes "shops" for cards on my blog. She will give me the title of a card and ask me to re-create it for her. After my recent, My Favorites from 2015 post, I received a request from her for several cards. This is one of them and I think it is my favorite of 2015. There's a challenge at Scrapbook Blessings Club this month (hurry you still have time to participate - it closes at 11PM EST Jan 31st) that asks you to take your favorite card of 2015 and use it as inspiration for a new card. You can do a direct re-creation or just use it as a jumping off point. As long as the original card can be identified, you are good to go. I thought this challenge sounded fun so I'm linking up my card there.

This is my original card.





As you can see I changed out the papers and colors a bit. I also changed the rhinestones for pearls. I put the vellum in front of the shaker materials instead of on top of the background patterned paper. Truthfully, the only reason I did that is because I forgot exactly how I made the original. :) However, I think the pink sequins in the shaker sort of look like rose petals.

 I still used sequins on the card front though I changed up the color and size of them. I also left off the faux stitching.


Star Dust Stickles add some sparkle to the flowers and to the white sequins on the card front. All in all, very close to the original but slightly updated. The finished card is 5.5" square.

Supplies used on the new version:
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), Bazzill (pink, vellum), Recollections (black)
Patterned Paper: Authentique (Classique Pretty 6 x 6 pad)
Ink: VersaFine (Onyx Black)
Tools/Embellishments: Spellbinders Dies (Standard Circles Small, Picot Edge Circles), Prima Say It in Pearls swirls, flowers (gift item from my stash - I think they are Recollections), Stickles (Star Dust), Pretty Pink Posh 4mm Marshmallow sequins, Pink Sequins in shaker (The Paper Studio)

I'm also linking this new version up at the Fun Cuts Alphabet Challenge - J is for Jewels.
  
Thanks for visiting with me today. Please come back tomorrow when I'll have a brand new card to share with you.

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

BEAUTIFUL cards.

Little C's Creations said...

Your card(s) are so pretty!! I'm so happy that you played along in my Alphabet Challenge! I hope you have some time to play this week, as well.

You are the winner of my challenge. Be sure to come n' claim your prize by sending me your mailing address, via email.

Aloha,
Jen

Sandy Hentzel said...

Fabulous card and yes, you are the winner for SBC!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...