Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Mighty Waves of the Sea

Hello! I hope your week is going well. Mine has been a busy but good week. It's time for another Word Art Wednesday Challenge. This week we're focusing on Psalm 93:4, "The Lord on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, yea, than the mighty waves of the sea." When you stand on the ocean shore and gaze out over the waves, you can't help but be amazed at the power and majesty of the ocean. Sometimes, the waves roll gently to shore and at other times they crash and roar. The Lord, the Creator of all, is mightier than the powerful waves of the ocean and in fact, controls their movements.  Sometimes in our lives, it seems like the waves of trials roar and crash against our souls and we wonder, "Does God know? Does He care?" He is mightier than those types of waves too. He does care and He is right there beside you to guide you safely to the shore. At least 15 times in the book of Psalms, God is spoken of as our refuge. My two favorites are: Psalm 57:1, "Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast." and Psalm 91:2, "I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust." If the trials in your life seem to be threatening to toss you in the billowing waves, turn to the Lord and allow Him to be your refuge.


When I read this week's verse, I knew the papers from the By the Shore collection by Our Daily Bread Designs would be perfect for it. I chose to make a center step card and used two of the papers from the collection on the front.


The sentiment panel was matted and popped up at an angle over a ribbon loop accented with a button and baker's twine. I die cut some birds from a scrap of patterned paper. After adhering them to the card front and sentiment panel, they were coated first with Wink of Stella and then with Nuvo Jewel Drops. I really like the epoxy look they have. A trio of sequins finishes off the card front.


For the interior decorating, a sentiment was stamped on another one of the patterned papers in the collection. This panel was matted and then adhered to the card interior.


The finished card is approx 5.5" square and will stand up for display.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Core'dinations (Black Iris), Recollections (kraft), Georgia Pacific (white)
Patterned Paper: Our Daily Bread Designs (By the Shore 6 x 6 pad)
Stamps: WORDart by Karen (Psalm 93:4), Morningstar Stamps (H63 Praying You Will Find wood block stamp)
Ink: VersaFine (Onyx Black)
Tools/Embellishments: Gina Marie Designs dies (Stitched Sky Die Set, Little Birds Die Set ), Nuvo Jewel Drops (clear), Wink of Stella Brush glitter pen (clear), Glossy Accents, Big Lots Craft Ribbon, The Paper Studio sequins, Walmart Button, Studio G baker's twine

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge Blog - Y is Your Choice
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - Must Use Patterned Paper

Thanks for visiting with me today. I hope you'll have time to visit the Word Art Wednesday blog, pick up your free digi and see the projects the rest of the Design Team have made.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Lovely side step card design, Stephanie. Perfect for this week's Scripture!

Migdalia said...

Absolutely beautiful!The papers you used are perfect!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M



Cara said...

Gorgeous card and I love your choice of colors & design papers!
Thank you for sharing it with us at Through the Craft Room Door.
(Crafty hugs) Cara
Through the Craft Room Door {Owner}
TTCRD Challenge Blog
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

Catie Cuddles said...

Beautiful creation. Love it.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge!
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...