Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Our Guide

Happy Wednesday!! It's time for another challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Psalm 48:14, "For this God is our God for ever and ever: He will be our guide even unto death," is the verse we are concentrating on this week. I just love knowing that God is the same "yesterday, today and forever." I can be fickle, change my mind, be happy one day and mad at the world the next, but God isn't like that. He is consistent and unchanging. Once we accept Him as Lord and Savior, He will guide us for the rest of our lives...all the way thru the gates of death until we join Him in Heaven. The world is such an uncertain place, I'm so thankful to have a loving and  knowledgeable Guide. As Warren Wiersbe says, "to trust and obey a Lord who is 'our God' and 'our Guide' is to have a future that is secured and blessed."


For my card today, I used one of my favorite sketches: Papertake Weekly #80. (This sketch challenge site is no longer operational but thankfully they have kept the sketches available.) This sketch allows the focus to really remain on the Scripture verse. No foam tape was used this time so that I could keep the card flat and easy to mail. I love cards that mail for one stamp! The punched butterflies embellish the sentiment panel. Stickles on the flower centers and butterfly bodies are the only other embellishments. I used a stitched rectangle die to add some texture and interest to the sentiment and large patterned paper panels.


Supplies:
Cardstock: The Paper Studio Heavyweight cardstock (white for cardbase), Georgia Pacific (white for sentiment panel), Recollections (Kraft)
Patterned Paper: Echo Park (Have Faith 6 x 6 pad)
Stamp: WORDart by Karen
Tools/Embellishments - Fiskars Punch (butterfly), Stickles (Stardust), Our Daily Bread Designs dies (Double Stitched Rectangles)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Cards in Envy - Feeling Sketchy (Use Favorite Sketch)
Crop Stop Linky Party #39 - Use item/brand found in the Crop Stop Store (I used Fiskars, Scotch, Spellbinders, Stickles, and Tombow)
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge - Anything Goes
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge Blog - Anything Goes with Optional Twist of Die Cuts and/or Punches (I used die cut panels on my card front and used punched butterflies as embellishments)
Dare 2B Artzy - Dreaming of Flowers

Thaks for visiting with me today. I hope you'll come back again soon. Don't forget to stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog to pick up your free digi and to see lots of inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful Scripture card, Stephanie! I love your choice of papers and those sweet little butterflies! Thanks SO MUCH for linking up to Cropstop!

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Stephanie! Love the soft look of the papers you chose for this card. The scripture you picked for the sentiment is very uplifting! This looks like a very versatile sketch you used. Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy.

Jan said...

What a fab card thanks so much for sharing with Whoopsie Daisy! xx Jan DT

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...