Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Teach Me

Hello! Happy Wednesday!! The focus verse for the new challenge at Word Art Wednesday is perfect for this time of year. Psalm 143:10 says, "Teach me to do thy will: for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness." As we are in "back to school" mode, we are thinking about teachers and students. The Psalmist is asking the Lord to be his teacher and to teach him how to follow the Lord's will. The Psalmist recognized that the Lord is good and wants to be taught how to live uprightly (righteously, justly, honestly). What a good prayer for each of us to pray. The Lord wants to help us and teach us how to live a righteous life. He is a very patient teacher. All we have to do is ask and obey Him.


As you can tell, I'm ready for fall. I love this autumn leaves paper and was able to make my card with all scraps. Even the cardstock was left over from other projects. The only full sheet was for the sentiment since I had to run that through the computer. I used Mojo Monday Sketch #341 as my inspiration but put my own spin on it. The sentiment panel was die cut with a stitched rectangle die and then double matted. Three flag banners were attached to the right edge in varying lengths. The sentiment panel was popped up with foam squares over the background layer. As a final touch sequins were scattered over the card and each one topped with clear Nuvo Crystal Drops.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Park Lane #110 (card base), Georgia Pacific (white for sentiment panel), Bazzill (green), Recollections (kraft, burgundy)
Patterned Paper: The Paper Studio
Stamp: WORDart by Karen
Tools/Embellishments: Our Daily Bread Designs Dies (Deco Borders, Double Stitched Rectangles), The Paper Studio sequins, Nuvo Crystal Drops (clear)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Crop Stop Challenge #42 - Use items/brands from the Crop Stop store (I used Cuttlebug, Fiskars, Scotch, and Tonic)
Mod Squad Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting with me today. I hope you'll be able to stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog and see the projects made by the rest of the Design Team and pick up the free digi. Please come back soon.

I also wanted to thank those of you who have voted for my card in the Paper Sweeties contest. The contest is still running through 11:59PM EST on Friday, 8/31 and the vote is really close. You can vote daily (per IP adress/device) and I would truly appreciate your vote. My card is #12 and has  6 triangles on it. To vote, click the word "Like" above my name (Stephanie W). Here is the direct link to where you can vote. Thanks again!



4 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love your fall leaf background on this lovely card! So happy you linked up to Cropstop this month!

Karen Letchworth said...

Another lovely card, Stephanie. Thanks so much for helping me stay on my toes at WAW. Have a blessed week and good luck in the challenges you entered your card in this week.
Blessings,
Karen

Mandy said...

Wonderful Autumn card Stephanie! It's so elegant and I love the colours.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Judy Markowitz said...

What a beautiful project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.

Judy TTCRD DT
Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...