Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Let Us Worship and Bow Down

Happy Wednesday!! It's hard to believe this is our last Word Art Wednesday challenge for 2018. We have some fantastic sponsors lined up for 2019 so be sure to continue to join us in the new year. This week we are focusing on Psalm 95:6, "O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker." What a great way to spend Christmas and finish out the year! Christmas is Jesus' birthday so let's not forget Him in all the holiday hustle and bustle. Let's remember that He is the greatest of gifts. He definitely deserves our worship, adoration and praise. There are two Christmas Eve traditions that I treasure. The first one is that before everyone goes to bed on Christmas Eve, my husband would read the account of Jesus' birth from either Matthew or Luke. It helped remind all of us why we were celebrating. We would usually pray together as a family and thank the Lord for coming as a baby. Later, after everyone else was in bed, I would bring out and arrange the gifts under the tree and stuff the stockings. Then with just the tree lights on, I'd sit and enjoy the tree and thank the Lord for the provision on the gifts I'd just arranged and for the ones who would be receiving them. I would thank Him for allowing me to enjoy the relationship with each one. It was a quiet time with the Lord after all the busy-ness of Christmas Day preparations. Do you have a similar way to quiet your heart and worship the Lord? If not, this would be a great year to start a new tradition of your own.


For my card this week, I used Freshly Made Sketches #249. One of our sponsors for this week, Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, generously provided us with some of their products to use. I was able to use the fantastic Fishtail Sentiment Banners on this card. I love how well the dies cut and I was even able to get them to cut the difficult-to-die-cut glitter paper I used. There are 10 dies in the set with three nesting designs. I know I'll be reaching for this set again and again. It's hard to see in the picture, but I used some stickles on all the small stars in the patterned paper and as accents on the verse panel.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections Heavy Weight for card base (cream), Recollections regular weight for sentiment panel, Ms. Sparkle glitter paper, Bazzill cardstock (green)
Stamps: WORDart by Karen
Tools/Embellishments: Stamp Simply Ribbon Store dies (Fishtail Sentiment Banners), Stickles (diamond)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
CropStop December Link Party #46 - Use items/brands found in the Crop Stop Store (Cuttlebug, Ranger, Scotch, Fiskars)
Use Your Stuff Challenge #341 - Christmas/Holidays

I hope you'll have time to stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog and see the rest of the Design Team projects and to pick up your free digi. Also, please visit our fantastic sponsors! Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Come back soon!! Merry Christmas!!



2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a lovely card for the Word Art Wednesday post this week! So happy you linked this up to Cropstop!

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful card :) Love to see cards like this as it's the reason for the season. Will be checking out the challenge for 2019. Thank you for joining us over at Use Your Stuff challenge blog.
Tina-DT

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...