Thursday, September 9, 2010

Altered Clipboard

I love making altered clipboards as gifts. I've made several over the years but have never made one for myself. I keep wishing I had one at work so I decided that the time had come to make one for me.  :)

I love the colors in this Basic Grey paper line.  Kind of bold in a subdued sort of way.  LOL



Amazingly, even though I have tubs of ribbon (thanks to my sister, Eva), I didn't have any in the right colors in differing widths.  I kept adding more & more colors & ended up with this mix.



I chose to keep the back just one solid pattern and not put any pictures or anything on it this time.



One thing I did differently this time - I used a brayer to smooth out my papers.  I have always just used an old gift card.  That works OK, but now that I have a brayer...well, let's just say, this is the first clipboard I've made that is air bubble free.  I'll be using my brayer from now on.  :)

If you want a great tutorial on how to make your own clipboard, here's a very easy-to-follow one by Patter.  She broke it down into three parts: 

Altered Clipboard {Part 1}
Altered Clipboard {Part 2}
Altered Clipboard {Part 3} 

Patter added pics to her clipboard and gives great tips on how to add them safely to your's.   A neat thing she does is punch holes in the paper that goes on the back of her clipboard where the brads are attached.  I never thought of doing that and will have to give it a try next time.

Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:
Papers:  BG origins
Ribbons: Craft Essentials, Paper Studio, Offray & Misc.
Paint: Anita's All-Purpose Acrylic
Other:  Modge Podge (matte)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great Job Steph!! I think I have one of those clipboards around here and I'm going to have to try to make myself one. Thanks for the inspiration.
Z

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...