Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy Anniversary

My husband and I celebrated our 26th anniversary yesterday.  He prefers my handmade cards over store-bought so, whenever possible, I make them for him.  For his anniversary card, I used this week's challenge sketch over at Crafting with Deedee's Digis.  Each Monday, Deedee posts a different challenge.  If you are new to digi stamps, she also has a "try before you buy" stamp you can download for free.  Here's the link so you can download your free digi heart stamp.  If you participate in the challenge, and use one of DeeDee's stamps, she'll send you this week's Dollar Digi for free!

I have some of her other digi stamps but this free stamp fit my need for a "romantic" stamp perfectly.




Instead of printing out the stamp and then coloring it like I usually do, I printed the stamp three times on regular copy paper and once on white cardstock.  I then took three small pieces of patterned paper and used a strip of adhesive at the top to cover where the stamps were printed on my copy paper.  Then I ran this sheet back thru my printer to print the stamps on my patterned paper.  If you try this, just make sure that the edge that goes into your printer first is the one that you adhere to the paper.  There's no need to adhere all 4 sides of the paper.

After printing the stamp on my patterned paper, I cut out & paper-pieced the image like you normally would adhering the pieces to the intact image on the white cardstock.  Then I used my nestabilities to cut out the image.  I embossed the image and sponged it with ink before removing it from the die.  I layered it on a piece of patterned paper that I cut with my lacey circle nestabilities.  I used a Gelly Roll Stardust pen to add a bit of sparkle to the heart "button" on the heart on the left.  I added some DMC floss and a brad to the heart on the right to mimic the design on the stamp.  Here's a close-up of that part of the card.



I printed my sentiment from my computer and die-cut, sponged & layered it like the focal image.  I popped both circles up on pop-dots.

I layered a piece of white cardstock on a piece of patterned paper for the inside of the card.  I used a punch to punch 3 hearts in a stripe of burgundy paper and adhered it to the top of the white cardstock.  I used my Gelly Roll pen to color in the hearts.  To spare you all the mushy stuff I'm just giving you a sneak peek at the interior of the card.  :)



Supplies:
Cardstock:  Georgia Pacific
Patterned paper:  Basic Grey
Ink - SU
Stamp - Deedee's Digis
Embellishments - DMC floss, Brad from stash, Gelly Roll Pen
Tools - Nestabilities (Standard Circle Large, Lacey Circle), EK Success (heart punch)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, this is GORGEOUS! Such lovely patterns and colors, and I love how you gave the hearts dimension by adding real buttons and thread -- very clever! I'm also very honored that you used one of my images for your anniversary card. Happy belated anniversary, and thanks so much for sharing this with us! :-) Deedee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...