Friday, December 10, 2010

Seagull Altered Notebook

Our daughter belongs to the Zeta Tau Omega society at her college.  Last week, she was elected president of the society for next semester.  I thought it would be a nice idea for her to have her presidential notes all in one place.  And what's a good crafty momma to do?  I decided to alter a notebook for her.  I went on her college's website and was able to find out her society's colors, motto, and Bible verse.  I already knew their mascot was the seagull.  I didn't want to spoil her surprise but she received the notebook in the mail today to I can show you now.  I apologize in advance for the lighting.  I was hurrying so that I could get it in the mail.



I stamped the navy cs with versamark ink and a swirl stamp to give the background some interest.  After printing the name of her society & their motto on white cardstock, I used a border punch on one edge.  I colored the loops gold.  I used a piece of thin gold ribbon from my stash on the edge next to the notebook rings. I printed the society's theme verse on white cardstock and cut it out & then matted it with my nestabilities dies.  I embossed both the verse and the mat and then highlighted the edge of the mat with my gold pen.  I used the same pen to color in the foam letters and to change my white brads to gold..  A seagull completes the front.






The notebook is divided into two sections by a set of pockets.  I used polka dot paper to spruce up the pockets.  I also used the same border punch and gold pen to add a little detail interest.  Another seagull adds the finishing touch.



I kept the back simple.  I just stamped the navy cardstock with versamark using the same swirl stamp. 



This is the first time I've used scortape when altering a notebook.  It made it so much easier.  I'll definitely be using it again!!

And yes, she's quite happy with her notebook.  It was fun to surprise her with something she likes so well.  :)

Supplies:
Cardstock - SU & Georgia Pacific
PP - Recollections
Ink - VersaMark
Stamp - Autumn Leaves
Computer Fonts - Lucinda Sans & Freehand591 BT
Seagulls - Jolee's
Letters - American Crafts Thickers
Embellishments: Ribbon - Misc from my stash, brads - Doodlebug
Tools - Sharpie poster paint pen (gold), Nestabilities, Fiskar's border punch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...