Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Beautiful Feet

Hello! I hope your week is going well. It's time for a new challenge at Word Art Wednesday and this week we're focusing on Isaiah 52:7, "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace: that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God Reigneth!" I don't know about you, but except maybe for baby feet, there are not too many sets of feet that I would describe as beautiful. However, this verse tells us that those who spread the good news of Christ and His work of salvation have beautiful feet! When someone brings you good news, you are glad to see them and you look very favorably upon them. When you bring the good news of salvation and proclaim a peaceful message (be the one that has a positive outlook instead of always remarking on the negative), you will be a breath of fresh air in our negative world. This week, let's work on having beautiful feet.


This week's card is pretty simple. The finished card is 5"x7". I used scraps of patterned paper from an old Basic Grey line of paper and adhered them to the brown cardstock base. This panel was dry embossed with an embossing folder. Some photo corner die cuts frame the sentiment panel and Copic-colored image. The image is from one of our fantastic sponsors: Fresh Brewed Designs. The die cut mat behind the image panel was accented with a white gel pen. Stickles add some sparkle to the flowers and butterflies in the image. Some punched butterflies (with stickle bodies) and small gems finish off the card front. Yes, I realize I've used the same butterfly punch on my last 3 cards. I'll "step away from the punch" next week. *grin*

Supplies:
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), Papertrey Ink (image), Recollections (brown)
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey (Oh Baby Girl)
Stamps: WORDart by Karen (Isiah 52:7), Fresh Brewed Designs (Blossoms and Butterflies)
Copics: E11, 33, 35, 37; Y13, 15, 17; B000; YG03, 05; V01, 04, 06; G03, 07, 09, 14
Tools/Embellishments: Stickles (Star Dust), Want2Scrap baby bling, Spellbinders dies (Decorative Photo Corners, Petite Oval Large, Petite Scalloped Ovals), My Favorite Things Die-namics (Blueprints 1), Cuttlebug embossing folder (Basket Weave), Fiskars punch (Butterfly), Uni-Ball Signo white gel pen

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Clear It Out Challenge: Use color brown and brown/kraft embellishments (I used brown cardstock and have large brown centers on my flowers. My photo corners are my brown embellishment)
Going Grey with Scrap Creations: Garden
Digi Choosday Week 32 - Punches/Die Cuts (I have both)
Outlawz Tuesday Colour Challenge - Use purple plus two colors from the photo (I chose yellow and green) and then use a twist and tell what the twist is (I dry embossed the patterned paper background)
Scrapbook Blessings Club - Anything Goes -optional twist - glitter (I used stickles on the flowers and butterflies)

Thanks for visiting with me today. I do hope you'll come back again soon.

9 comments:

Greta said...

I love how you used the strips of patterned paper--beautiful card!

Jane Savage said...

Gorgeous papers and layout!
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane (DT) xxx

Karen Letchworth said...

Another gorgeous card, Stephanie. They are all so creatively wonderful, and I am so blessed to have you on this team to help spread the love of our precious Savior, Jesus. Thanks for all you do to be a blessing to me and to so many others. I praise God for you, my friend.

I wanted to let you know that there's another new challenge at CropStop and I hope you will link up again this month. If you refer anyone who also links up, you will be entered into a drawing for an additional $20 gift certificate (details on blog). I hope you'll play along.

Blessings,
Karen

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Clear It Out, good luck!!! Amy DT

Anjie said...

Lovely make. Thanks for joining us in our Punches and/or die cuts challenge at Digi Choosday
Anjie (DT)

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

I love your card, wonderful layout and I love all the little butterflies you added and stunning die cut corners! Thanks so much for playing along at Digi Choosday Die Cuts/Punches challenge. Hugs:) Audrey DT

Moni said...

Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Challenges. Good luck.-Monica. Dt

Brenda "Disney Girl" said...

Such a pretty card! I like the butterflies :-)
Thanks for joining the August Challenge at Scrapbook Blessings Club. It is always fun to see what you create!!
♥ ScrapBook Blessings Club DT ♥
Brenda, Disney Girl

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, Stephanie! Such a wonderful Scripture verse!
Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Blessings Club! :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...