Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Fulness of Joy

Happy Wednesday! It's time for a new challenge at the Word Art Wednesday blog. This week we're back in the book of Psalms and focusing on Psalm 16:11, "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy: at thy right hand there are pleasure for evermore." I remember when I was a child and was spending time with my parents. When I was being obedient, I was happy to be with them and was lighthearted. I was able to fully enjoy all the activities we were doing together. It didn't matter if I was "helping" Mom make jello in the kitchen or running errands with Dad, it was fun just being with them. However, when I knew I was doing wrong and not obeying them, I didn't enjoy being around them and felt as if a cloud were hanging over my head. Sometimes, disobedience even brought physical pain. Like the time I ran with scissors, fell and the scissors embedded themselves in my leg above the knee. I still have a scar to remind me of that episode. Another time, I rocked back in my chair at the table - something Mom had repeatedly told me not to do. I fell backwards and broke the bottom pane of glass in our French glass door. That episode of disobedience earned me a trip to the ER to get stitches in my neck. My disobedience didn't just hurt me. Because they loved me, my disobedience hurt my parents too. It's the same type of thing in our relationship with the Lord. When we stay close to Him and are obedient, we can experience full joy. It doesn't matter what's going in our lives, it's all more enjoyable because of Him. However, when we stray and are disobedient, not only can we be hurt (physically, emotionally, financially, etc.) but we hurt Him as well. This verse celebrates that close relationship that only comes with walking in obedience to the Lord.


Since this verse is about joy and the pleasure found in walking close to the Lord, I wanted the colors in my card to reflect that. I've seen several cards lately in blogland that have a short front that shows pretty paper on the interior. This is my version. Three dies from the My Favorite Things Blueprint 1 set were used on the card front. This is truly such a versatile set. I think the Blueprint sets are such a great value and reach for my set over and over. {I only own this set but have others on my wish-list.} Small butterflies with Stickles for bodies and scattered bling add sparkle to the card.


The interior has a little decorating as well - I think I went faux stitching crazy. :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (sentiment), Georgia Pacific (cardbase and interior), Bazzill
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (Howdy Doody 6x6 pad)
Stamp: WORDart by Karen (Psalm 16:11)
Tools/Embellishments: Staedtler fine tip marker (black), Offray ribbon, Stickles (Star Dust), Want2 Scrap baby bling, Sweet 'n Sassy die (Lacey Border), My Favorite Things Die-Namics (Blueprints 1), Fiskars punch (Butterfly, Apron Lace)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Craft Your Passion Challenge #273 - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Clear It Out Challenge - Anything Goes
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge - Frame It
All Sorts Challenge Week 322 - Use Pearls/Gems
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Tie It Up
Scrapbook Blessings Club August Challenge - Anything Goes (Glitter is an optional twist - I used Stickles)

I so appreciate your visit and your comments always brighten my day. I hope you'll be able to stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog, see the rest of the projects from the Design Team and pick up your free digi. Please come back soon.

6 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

Stephanie, this is such a beautiful and thoughtfully created card! I love it! Great work on the interior!

Gayatri said...

Beautiful card!Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Tie it Up Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs!
Gayatri

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful.Just love the softness of the colours and the faux stitching lifts them perfectly.The inside finishes everything off perfectly.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Lisa Mensing said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing at Clear It Out's Anything Goes challenge. Lisa DT

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Hi Stephanie - sorry I'm late on commenting on your card, but I was away last week on holiday! This is a pretty card and I just love the colours you've used. Thanks for sharing it at Incy Wincy Designs last week.
Helen x (DT)

Cindy said...

Cute card. Thanks for sharing this month at SBC.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...