Wednesday, March 15, 2017

God Shall Wipe Away All Tears

It's time for another challenge at Word Art Wednesday. This week we are focusing on a very comforting verse found in Revelation 21:4, "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; an there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things as passed away." What a wonderful day this will be! Can you imagine no sickness, no pain, no sadness, no death? Wow! I can't wait. There is so much sadness and pain in this world. It will be so wonderful when God wipes it all away and we can just spend eternity praising and glorifying Him. We'll have fellowship with our fellow Believers and get to talk with our heroes in the faith. The promise of this future time is such a comfort to those of us who have said an earthly goodbye to a loved one who has preceded us in death. Are you ready? I just heard of a man a couple years older than I am that suddenly passed away last weekend. He wasn't planning to leave this earth so soon but God called him Home unexpectedly. It's a good thing that he had planned ahead and accepted Christ's free gift of salvation. Some people think, well, I'll live how I want to and then right before I die I'll accept Christ. Sometimes, like this man, we don't know death is coming and there is no chance. It's not a matter of good works vs bad works whether we'll be let into Heaven. It's what we've done with Jesus here on this earth. So please don't delay, accept Christ's free gift of salvation today. If you have questions, please us the contact me link in the side bar or leave me a comment below.



For my card today, I kept the focus on the verse and the the beautiful papers do the "talking." Our sponsor for this week is Simon Says Stamp. I used their A2 Curved Edge die to cut the sentiment panel and the black patterned paper panel behind it. A retired border die from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps adds some interest along the top edge. The die cuts out these flower shapes. Since my paper is double sided, I turned over these little flowers and adhered them using the die cut inlay technique. I topped the flowers with a small rhinestone. For the bottom of the card, I embossed a sentiment from a retired Simon Says Stamp set with their Fine Detail White Embossing Powder. I cut it with a banner die and accented it with more bling. I inked the edges of the banner with charcoal ink. One of the flowers in the background paper was also embellished with a little bling.

Supplies (Links are to the SSS online store):
Cardstock: Recollections (white for card base, black), Georgia Pacific (sentiment panel)
Patterned Paper: Authentique (Latest & Greatest 6 x 6 pad)
Stamps: WORDart by Karen, Simon Says Stamp (Always & Forever - retired)
Ink: Versamark, Hero Arts Mini Cubes Set (Field Notes Set)
Tools/Embellishments: Simon Says Stamp (A2 Curved Border Die, Fine Detail White Embossing Powder), Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps border die (Lacey Eyelet Border - retired),  The Paper Studio (bling), Lawn Fawn (Everyday Sentiment Banner Dies)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Dare 2B Artzy - Lots of Layers 
Crafting From the Heart Challenge #150 - Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenge #151 - Lots of Layers 

Thanks for visiting with me today. I hope you'll come back often. Please be sure to stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have made and also be sure to visit Simon Says Stamp. They are truly a one-stop-shop.

4 comments:

Ginny Maxam said...

Great Post Stephanie! I love your card too!
Hugs
Ginny

N-Eva said...

Great card love the design and great sentiment.Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Dream Valley challenge.Neva DT

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Ah so very true Stephanie we all need to have a heart of readiness for the LORD may call us home at any time.. or He indeed might return, spare pour dear ones unto salaction O Lord I pray....
Great CAS design to card too, to highlight a truly glorious verse needful for a hurting human race.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Sandy said...

Lovely inspirational card. Sorry I'm late with my comment. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting from the Heart.
Hugs, Sandy DT

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...