Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The Hour is Come

Hello, I hope your week is going well. This week's Word Art Wednesday challenge focuses on John 12:23, "And Jesus answered them, saying, the hour is come, that the Son of Man should be glorified." Jesus was letting His disciples know what was to come. He was telling them that the time had come for Him to go to the cross so that His glory would be made known. However, His disciples just couldn't comprehend what He was trying to tell them. Even now, with the benefit of the Bible (which the disciples did not have), so many people don't believe that Jesus came to Earth to die for the forgiveness of their sins. If you have not accepted His free gift, please send me a message or leave me a comment. I'd love to share with you how you can know for sure that you will go to Heaven some day.


For my card today, I wanted to focus on the Scripture. I thought this Graphic Greeting: Redeemer stamp from Taylored Expressions would be a good way to help keep the card's focus on the Lord. I plan on giving this card to my husband for Easter. I used a new-to-me technique for making an easel card by Inspired Stamps. This tutorial gives the directions on how to make a 4x4 easel card from one piece of paper. Since my card is 3.75 x 5.25, I used her modified directions. I think I'll use my normal method for easel cards larger than 4x4 in the future but this would be a great technique for those 4x4 or smaller. Some die cut swirls and bling add some interest to this monochromatic card.

Supplies: 
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), Bazzill (vanilla), Dark Gray Unknown
Patterned Paper: Basic Gray (Hillside 6 x 6)
Stamps: WORDart by Karen, Taylor Expression (Graphic Expression Redeemer)
Ink: VersaFine (Onyx Black)
Tools/Embellishments: Spellbinders die (unknown name but I think it's an Anna Griffin), The Paper Studio (bling), MISTI, Darice fun foam

I'm entering this card in the following challeges:
Dare 2B Artzy - Anything Goes
Shopping Our Stash Challenge (SOS298) - Uses punches and/or dies
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper April Challenge - Anything Goes as long as you use patterned paper
Creative Craft Challenge #85- Use Dies and/or Punches

I hope you'll stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog to see the rest of the projects by the Design Team and to pick up your free digi stamp. Thanks for visiting with me today. I hope you'll come back soon.

5 comments:

Diane said...

Beautifully created and lovely design. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to design with the team!

Melody said...

Your husband should love his Easter card! Thanks for sharing it in the Dare 2B Artzy April challenge!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Stephanie!
Thanks for playing along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our Punches & Dies challenge!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card thank you for sharing with us at Creative Craft Cottage - good luck
Lyn - DT

cass said...

Beautiful card for Easter. Thanks for joining us at CHNS patterned Paper Challenge this month.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...