Friday, April 28, 2017

Watercolor Panel Card Set



Today is my last project as a Guest Designer for the Crop Stop Blog. For today's project, I decided to make a set of cards. Instead of making each card in the set match exactly, I chose to make them coordinate by using the same card design and patterned papers from the same company (all but one of the papers are even from the same 6x6 pad). Black cardstock was used for matting to also help tie the set design together. I had some 3 x 4 pre-printed water color panels that I water colored using Distress inks and markers. For the inks, I smooshed them on my craft sheet and then spritzed them with water using a mini-mister to make the "paint." I used a small paintbrush to apply the color to the image. For the distress markers, I colored right on the panel and then moved the color around with a brush and plain water. After they dried, I stamped sentiments on three of them with Versafine ink and the added some Wink of Stella for a little shimmer. Below are closeups of each card.



 The golden yellow strip is from the Basic Gray Urban Luxe 6x6 paper pad. It also uses a coordinating embossing folder and embossing border folder from Anna Giffin.





Supplies from the Crop Stop Shop:
Distress Pads - various colors
Distress Markers - various colors

Cricut Cuttlebug - Machine, Spacer A, Cutting Pad B, Adapter C
Inkssentials - Mini Misters

Brands found in the Crop Stop Shop:
Cricut Cuttlebug - Embossing Folder - Anna Griffin-  Juliette Lace folder and border folder
Zig - Wink of Stella Brush marker - Clear
Tsukineko - VersaFine ink - Onyx Black

Other Items Used -
Recollections cardstock - black
The Paper Studio heavyweight cardstock - white
Basic Gray 6 x 6 pads - Hillside (retired), Urban Luxe (retired)
Taylored Expressions 3x4 Watercolor Panels - Keep in Touch
Kaisercraft clear stamp set - Secret Garden (Cards 1 & 2 above)
My Sentiments Exactly clear stamp set - Inspirational Birthday Innies and Outies (Card 3 above)
Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps die - Lacey Eyelet Border (retired)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Dare 2B Artzy - Anything Goes
CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - must use patterned paper
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge -Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by to visit with me today. I hope you'll come back soon. Thanks again to Esther and the Crop Stop Shop for allowing me the honor of being a Guest Designer for the blog these last two weeks.

4 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Stephanie, I love this beautiful set of cards you made. Thanks so much for guest designing this month at Cropstop! It's always a pleasure to see your work appear in the gallery!
Blessings,
Esther

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous cards with beautiful sentiments.
Faith
x

Karen Letchworth said...

You've done a fabulous job with your Guest Designer spot at CropStop, Steph. Your cards and tutorials are always wonderful. I hope you enjoyed this.

Also, thank you for taking care of things for me at WAW this week. I wouldn't have enjoyed my trip nearly as much if I hadn't known I could count on you. I'm so grateful.

God bless you, my friend.
Karen

Rocky said...

A fab collection of lovely cards. Thank you for sharing them with us at CHNPPC.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...