Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Thankful for You

Hi! It's time for another Word Art Wednesday challenge. This week we're focusing on 1 Thessalonians 1:3, "Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father." Paul is writing to the Apostle Paul and letting them know how much he appreciates them and that their efforts are not going unnoticed. So often in life today, there is so much negative talk. Whether it's on social media, in conversation or wherever, people feel like they can say whatever they want no matter how hateful or unkind. Paul demonstrates for us that we need to commend people when they do good things. We need to show appreciation and thank them for their efforts. Let them know we noticed and that we thank the Lord for them.


October is Pastor Appreciation month here in the US. As most of you know, my husband is my pastor. I see first hand the "behind the scenes" work and effort he puts into caring for the congregation, preparing sermons, visiting, sending cards of encouragement, etc. I thought this card would make a great Pastor Appreciation card for him. Since he's so supportive of my crafty habit, I try to make his cards extra special. I decided to try a Pop Up Book Fold card. You can click the link to see a great tutorial video by Dawn Griffith. I thought the book fold was also appropriate since he uses so many books in his sermon preparations. This week's WORDart was printed on white cardstock and then the edges were distress inked before being mounted on a stitched die cut mat. The "thankful for you" sentiment was heat embossed on a stitched oval die cut and layered over a stitched banner die cut.


To make the patterned paper layer, I cut my patterned paper slightly smaller than the navy cardstock and temporarily adhered it to the navy cardstock while making the long cuts shown in the video. Then I removed the patterned paper. I made two vertical cuts to connect the two long cuts in order to remove the middle section. The edges were inked with Distress ink and then the patterned paper was permanently adhered to the navy cardstock. Then I proceeded to score and fold the cardstock as described in the video. I changed the measurements slightly because my navy cardstock is 5.25 x 8.25 and the patterned paper is 5 x 8.


An encouraging quote by Corrie ten Boom was heat embossed on white cardstock. This week our sponsor is Simon Says Stamp. I used two of their embossing powders on today's card. I really like how their embossing powders show off all the fine details when embossing words and images. The edges of the sentiment panel were distress inked before being adhered to the left panel of the "book." Another piece of white cardstock was also distress inked and adhered to the right page of the "book." I'll write a short message on this panel.

In addition to the WORDart by Karen digi Scripture (available for free on the Word Art Wednesday blog, I used the following supplies:




I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge #338 - RAK (must include die cut)
Always Fun Challenges #27 - Lots of Layers
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #197 - Fancy Folds
Crop Stop Linky Party #33 - Use brands/Items available in the Crop Stop Online Store (I used Fiskars, Ranger, Tsukineko, Cuttlebug, and Core'dinations)

Thanks for stopping by to visit with me today. I always appreciate you taking time to stop by my blog. I do hope you'll come back soon.

5 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Stephanie, This is an awesome Pastor Appreciation card -- and how wonderful to have your hubby as your pastor (same here!). Love the design you used with the pop up book inside -- perfect sentiments too! So happy you linked this up to Cropstop! Do join us again and help us reach our goal of 100 links this month!

Margaret Mifsud said...

A gorgeous card Stephanie! I love the pop up book design .. it looks fabulous .. and I love the sentiments too. Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Cardmakers. x

crafty said...

Love the pop up book design. Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
Mary

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous fold, I love the sentiment and your choice of papers.Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers for our 'Fancy Fold' challenge.
Happy Crafting
Glenda DT

Esther said...

Wonderful card, with beautiful sentiments!
Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...