Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday - SNSDC42

This week we have an extra fun challenge at the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge Blog.  If you're a regular reader of my blog, you know I love fancy fold cards.  Well, this week's challenge is to make a tent card.  This was the first one I've made but it definitely won't be the last.  I'm hooked.  You can find a very easy to follow Tent Fold Card Tutorial over at SCS.



I love this adorable puppy from the Puppy Love digi set. I colored him with copics before fussy cutting him and adding him to the corner of my card with pop dots.  I used a glaze pen to make his nose look shiny & wet.



I used a spellbinders circle die to make some balloons for the opposite corner.  A sentiment from the Masculine Birthday Greetings digi set completed my bunch of balloons.  After knotting my baker's twine strings, I used a small glue dot behind the knot to keep them in place on the card.



I really like the way a tent card will stand up all by itself.  Since this card doesn't open, I will attach a circle journaling block to the back of the card to write the message for the recipient.



Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill (red), Georgia Pacific (white)
Patterned Paper:  Echo Park (Little Boy)
Stamps:  Sweet 'n Sassy (Puppy Love, Masculine Birthday Greetings digital stamp sets)
Embellishments/Tools:  Thickers (Smoothie-white), The Twinery Baker's Twine (maraschino, honeydew, denim, buttercream, mandarin), Saura glaze pen, Spellbinders (circle - large & small)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Paper Sundae #108 - Birthday card
Catered Crop - Use red
Going Grey with Scrap Creations (GGSC102) - Critter
Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge (PWC194) - Use dies

I hope you'll join us this week and give one a try for yourself.  Don't forget to go by the blog and see what the tent cards the rest of the design team made.  You're in for a treat!

Thanks for stopping by today.

8 comments:

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Such a precious card!

jessica said...

I saw you over at Catered Crop and wanted to pop in and say awesome job!
I love love love your card! The design is awesome as are the colors and adorable puppy!
TFS
jessica

Shanna Shands said...

This is such a fun card. I really love this. Thanks for playing along with Paper Sundaes. Hope to see you at our next challenge tomorrow!

Linda McClain said...

Oh Wow! I love his card. That window with the tent layout it so fun. Ah, and I love that little puppy. So Cute!

Unknown said...

Super fun and cute!! Love all the wonderful design you did for the card! Fantastic job!

Jonia said...

This is just one of my favorites from the whole design team stephanie. I just love the little dog and the balloons and the "1" in the center. I may just have to case this one.

Cynthia said...

This is such an adorable design, Stephanie! The bright, primary colors are perfect with this pup.

Unknown said...

Stephanie...AWESOME CARD! I have had this saved on my Pinterest for quite some time and have just gotten around to making something similar for a 1st birthday...AWESOME prompting!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...