Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Great Outdoors


When I first saw the Great Outdoors set from Deedee's Digis, it moved to the top of my wish list.  I love cats, my cat is gray and my husband and son are fishermen.  No brainer...I *had* to have it.  LOL  I used the pre-colored version of the cat fishing in the boat but added my own sponged clouds and added some sponging to the water to extend it a bit.



The emphasized technique for the current challenge at the Scrapbook Blessings Club Challenge is to make a wiper card.  I'd never tried one of those but thought the time was right to change that.  If you've never made one, here is a good written tutorial for a Wiper Card on SCS and here is a YouTube video by Beate Johns.  They are really pretty easy.  I'll be making more of these!


My card is going to someone who loves fishing and has been looking for a different job for a long time.  Last week he was offered a position with a new company.  I used one of the sentiments from the Chalk Talk set for the wiper.  I thought this would make a fun "Congratulations on the new job" card.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Georgia Pacific (white), Recollections (kraft)
Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye Collectable (Remarkable 6 x 6 pad), Three Bugs in a Rug (Frisky 6 x 6 pad)
Stamps:  Deedee's Digis (Great Outdoors, Chalk Talk)
Inks:  Stampin' Up (Bliss Blue), Distress Ink (Peacock Feathers)
Tools/Embellishments:  Spellbinders dies (Petite Ovals Large and Small), Creative Memories 1-1/4" and 1-1/2" square punch, Staedtler fine tip marker (brown), The Twinery baker's twine (cappuccino), buttons from my stash

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Scrapbook Blessings Club Challenge #29 - Anything Goes with an emphasis on Wiper Cards
The Kraft Journal Make It Monday Challenge #188 - Anything Goes
Inky Chicks Challenge #37 - Stitching (Real or Faux)
PDE Linky Party - Puns
4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #120 - Sewing Real/Faux
Clear It Out Challenge - Theme:  Fancy Folds, Stash Item:  Punches or dies (I used both)
Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge #52 - Anything Goes - Twist add a button or buttons

Thanks for visiting with me tonight.  I hope you'll give the wiper card a try.  Please come visit again tomorrow when I'll have a new Word Art Wednesday challenge card to show you.

11 comments:

Sandy Hentzel said...

You made a wonderful card. I was surprised how easy the wiper card was too. Thanks for playing along with SBC.

Janis Lewis said...

Completely purr-fect. Thank you for Linking Up at PDE Linky Party.
Your project is featured in our album on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
~Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is adorable! Love the image of Deedee's you used! Also love the wiper card - I just made one of these for the first time too! They are fun! Yours looks great!

Lynn's Place said...

Thanks for joining us @CIO challenge blog...what a sweet project...hope you stop by to play with us again <((><

Lori Turner said...

hahaha...super cute sentiment to go along with your awesome image :) This card is super cute! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

Cindy said...

Cute card. Love the sentiment, too. Thanks for joining us at SBC. Cindy-DT

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Absolutely fabulous. Love it.
Thank you for joining in Scrapbook Blessings Club Challenge and good luck with your entry.
Annette

Scrap all'Alba - by Silvana said...

very very nice!!

Sleepy Stamper said...

What a fun card. Thank your for joining us this week over at he Kraft Journal.
Anitra

Unknown said...

Adorable creation! Love the image used! Thanks for playing at Clear it Out! We hope to see you next time and good luck!

Samantha A. said...

What a cute little image! I love the color scheme!
Thanks for sharing at Clear It Out!
- Samantha
Clear it Out DT
HIMCR DT
Designs by Sammy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...