Wednesday, September 24, 2014

But Without Faith

This week's focus verse at Word Art Wednesday is Hebrews 11:6, "But without faith it is impossible to please him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is rewarder of them that diligently seek him."  This verse comes at the beginning of what is commonly called the "Hall of Fame of Faith." The rest of this chapter is full of examples of men and women in the Bible who showed a strong faith in God.  Pleasing God starts with having faith in Him.  I want to live in such a way that my name could be written in that Hall of Fame of Faith.  It's not easy but "without faith it is impossible to please Him."


This week one of our sponsors is Bugaboo Stamps.  They generously provided the DT with images to use.  I used Lil Girl Sign It for my card.  One of the features of digis that I really like is the ability to resize them to make them fit any project.  I layered this week's verse onto this little girl's sign and then colored the girl, sign and background with my Copics.    I used Mojo Monday's Sketch 221 as the inspiration for my card design.  As usual, I changed up a few things.  The edges of the patterned paper background were inked.



After coloring the image and the background with copic markers, a white gel pen was used to give the bow and top of the shirt some polka dots. I die cut some hearts for the upper right side of the image panel.  The girl's eyes, bow and the hearts were coated with glossy accents.  The blue button on top of the bow adds another touch of blue and completes the blue visual triangle with her eyes and bow.  Faux stitching and some die cut scallops complete the front of the card.



I did a little interior decorating to finish off the card.  I don't think you can see it but I added a die cut heart to carry that theme to the inside of the card.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Georgia Pacific (image), Recollections (kraft), Bazzill (teal)
Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye (Remarkable)
Stamps:  WORDart by Karen (Hebrews 11:6), Bugaboo (Lil Girl Sign It)
Ink:  ColorBox Fluid Chalk (Chestnut Roan)
Tools/Embellishments:  My Favorite Things Die-namics (Petite Scallop Edge), Lawn Fawn Lawn Cuts (Hearts), Glossy Accents, button from stash, The Twinery baker's twine, Offray ribbon, Staedtler fine tip brown marker, Sakura Gelly Roll gel pen (white), Copic Markers (I'm sorry - my list of the colors used got lost)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
PDE Linky Party - Stitching (Real or Faux)
Inky Chicks Challenge #38 - Anything Goes
Scrapbook Blessings Club #30 - Anything Goes
Sweet Stamps Challenge #188 - Favorite Embellishments (buttons and bows are two of my favorites)
Digi Chooseday Challenge #38 - Buttons
Cuttlebug Mania - Anything Die Cut (the hearts and scalloped trim)

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you'll go by the Word Art Wednesday blog to pick up your free digi and to see the inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.  I'm taking the Online Card Class Copic for Card Makers class.  It's fantastic!!  I'm off to do my homework.  I've never enjoyed homework so much in my life!!


8 comments:

Kimbo said...

Beautiful card and I love the colours

Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Great card
Thanks fr sharing it with us in our Buttons challenge at Digi Choosday and good luck
Julie x
My blog
Inky Impressions DT member
Lacy Sunshine DT member
Digi Choosday DT member
Sketch N Stash DT Member
Pennys Challenges Owner & DT member
Brown Sugar Challenges Admin member
Crafty Friends DT member

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

What a beautiful card....Love that verse. Thank you for joining us at SweetStamps

Antonella said...

Such a cute card! I love the way she is holding the sentiment and her cute blue bow and the hearts in the corner. Great colors.

I am stopping by from the Word Art Wednesday link party where I am linked up too with my Free Pintable - Thankful for Every Moment project.

Hugs,
Antonella :-)

Got2BCrafting said...

Such a lovely card! A beautiful verse, and an adorable image! Fabulous job!3

Thanks for joining the PDE "Stitching" Linky Party.
~Dt Lori

Eve's Been Reading said...

Great card and fits the current theme of 'Buttons' over at Digi Choosday Challenge perfectly. Thanks for joining in the fun with us! Yvonne (DT)

Brenda "Disney Girl" said...

I just love this! You do beautiful work!! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Scrapbook Blessings Club!
♥ ScrapBook Blessings Club DT ♥
Brenda, Disney Girl

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

so cute! Thank you for joining SBC and best of luck with your entry. Annette

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...