Friday, April 15, 2011

New Scripture Sets - Psalm 61:2

Have you seen the new Scripture sets Deedee's Digis just released?  Wow!  I am loving them!!  The two newest are:  Be Glad in the Lord and The Lord is Our Refuge.  Both sets are full of encouraging Scripture verses to include with another image, to use as part of what I like to call "interior decorating" or as the focal image on the front of your card.

For this card, I chose one of my go-to verses when I personally need encouragement and used it as the focal image on the front of my card.  It is Psalm 61:2 from the The Lord is Our Refuge set.  I love using Scripture as the focal image for several reasons -- here are my top three.   The primary one is because it's such a great witnessing tool and Isaiah 55:11 teaches us that the Lord's Word will not return unto Him void.  Second, what better way to encourage a fellow Christian than with God's Word? Third, there's no coloring required.  :)  This makes the card quicker and, in my opinion, easier to make.

I used the current Stamp TV  {STVSKSP21} sketch for this card.





Supplies:
Sketch:  STVSKSP21
Cardstock - Georgia Pacific and a misc. mustard yellow from my stash
Patterned paper - BG
Stamp -  Deedee's Digis - The Lord is Our Refuge
Ink - SU - creamy caramel 
Embellishments - Ribbon - Offray, pearls - Queen & Co, Nestabilities (petite oval & petite scalloped oval, decorative photo corners), Fiskar's border punch



Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Stephanie, It is your lucky day. You are the winner of my blog candy. I sent you and email.
This is a beautiful card. I love all the detail.

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi, just wanted to stop by and thank you for entering my blog candies...
Good Luck!!

Beautiful card!!!
Hugs, Janiel

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...