Friday, April 1, 2011

A Quilt Inspired Card

This week I started thinking about using quilt block designs as a background for a card.  I did some looking around on the internet and found tutorials for a Quilted Card and a Bargello Technique (which I think looks like a quilt even though they say it's a needlepoint pattern) over at SplitCoast Stampers.  For this card I used the Quilted Card as my inspiration.  I changed my squares to 1" instead of the 3/4" squares used in the tutorial.  Also, if/when I do this again, a punch would be a better idea to make sure all my squares are exactly the same size.  This is a great way to use up those tiny scraps you've been keeping "just in case."

When I saw the Spring Blessings set at Deedee's Digis, I loved the Scripture verse because it was one of my Dad's favorites and I loved the butterfly/caterpillar sentiment. So, I decided to combine my quilt idea with this set and here's the result:



Here's a close-up of the details and then a pic of the interior.





I had the hardest time getting the words to be in focus.  I'm sorry if they're still blurry.  I'm going to try to retake the pics in natural light & will replace them if I get better results.

I am entering this card in this week's Stampin Sister's In Christ challenge #82 which is to include paper piecing in your main image and in the new Challenge #21 at Really Reasonable Ribbon which is to include die-cuts or punches and ribbon.

Supplies:
Cardstock - Strathmore Bristol, Recollections, Bazzill, Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper - BG (Lemonade)
Stamps - Deedee's Digis (Spring Blessings)
Embellishments - Ribbon (Hobby Lobby), BG Opaline half pearls, Recollections swirl, Nestabilities (petite ovals and petite scalloped ovals), Fiskar's border punch (Threading Water)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lawren said...

This is beautiful! I love the quilt idea and the scripture is wonderful.

Kezzy said...

Your card is gorgeous i love the quilted look and the colours you have chosen work really well in the quilted design. Xx

Bonnie Garby said...

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...