Sunday, November 13, 2011

You're the Apple of My Eye

I thought this apple from the Sweet & Spicy Digital Image set at Clear Dollar Stamps would be fun to paper piece.  So I gave it a try.  I made an easel card but in my picture it's sure leaning.  Sorry, it really does sit nicely in real life.



Here's a little better view of the front of the card when it is closed.


After printing the different pieces, I colored the stem with copics and then cut it out.  I then cut a slit in the apple to slip the stem thru.  I cut out two of the leaves.  I got creative to give the top leave some dimension.  My husband was tuning a piano for a church, I was there with him cutting out and coloring images.  After cutting the leaf out, I laid it face down on the padded pew seat beside me.  Then using the rounded end of a marker, I rubbed the back of the leaf while pushing gently into the pew cushion.  It gave it a nice rounded, leaf looking texture (at home I would have substituted a mouse pad for the pew cushion).  I then glued the top leave to the bottom one. 


Since it was an easel card, I also did some interior decorating.  I kept to the notebook theme.



I didn't intend for my card to have such a "school-ish" theme but it sure turned out that way.  Oh well, I guess it had a mind of its own.  LOL

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Recollections
Patterned Paper:  BG (Oxford)
Stamps:  Clear Dollar Stamps (Sweet & Spicy digital images)
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ink (Walnut Stain)
Embellishments/Tools:  Brads (Making Memories Mini & Medium Metallic Circle), Fiskars Border Punch, AC Slick Writer (Black)

I'm entering this card in the Paper & Such Paper Piecing challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That is REALLY cute Ms. Stephanie!!! I LOVE it and the paper piecing! I tried the piecing for the 1st time and it WORKED!!!

Sara I. said...

Absolutely LOVE the paper pieced apple with that plaid paper!! Beautiful! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...