Wednesday, March 4, 2015

{Blessed} is the Man

It's time for another challenge at Word Art Wednesday.  As usual, it's an Anything Goes challenge and a free digi is available for you.  You are certainly welcome to use the free digi to enter the challenge but you are not required to do so.  As long as your entry is family-friendly and has an up-lifting sentiment, we'd love to have you share it with us (up to 5 projects weekly).  Each week we have at least two great sponsors and two entrants are chosen at random to receive a prize.  We hope you'll join us.  This week our focus verse is Psalm 1:1, "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."  Another way to state the word "blessed" is "happy."  If you are trying to live a godly life, then you won't be happy if you follow ungodly counsel, spend a lot of time hanging out with those that have habits that don't please the Lord or are always angry and negative.  As one of the preachers my husband and I like to listen to says, "He who would not fall down ought not to walk in slippery places."   If you want to live a life that pleases the Lord, don't spend your time in places or with people that make it hard to do so.


I enjoy watching Jennifer McGuire's YouTube videos and I also follow her blog.  One of her favorite embossing powders is Ranger's Liquid Platinum.  I was finally able to get some this week and had to give it a try. WARNING: I went a little nuts with it on this card!  Now I completely understand why she likes it so much.  It has such a beautiful, warm, gold color.  It's not a harsh metallic.  I used it with a Hero Arts background stamp and some black cardstock.  I also made some gold paper by swiping my Versamark pad across my cardstock and then coating it with embossing powder.  I then cut a border die and accent piece from this cardstock.  As a final touch, I swiped the Versamark pad along the edges of the card base and embossed it so I could have a thin embossed edge around the card.


I threaded some ribbon thru the die cut border.  The sentiment was matted on a lacey die cut.  The embossed accent piece was layered over a plain black die cut from the same die.  Pearls in 3 different sizes finish off the card front.  As you can see in the picture above, all the embossing warped my cardstock.  I definitely should have used a piece of fun foam instead of foam tape to pop up the embossed panel off the card base.  Next time I'll know.


I carried the embossed theme thru to the inside by adding an embossed strip along the left side.  I told you I went a little nuts with the embossing!

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Recollections
Stamps:  WORDart by Karen (Psalm 1:1), Hero Arts cling stamp (Flower Bursts Pattern)
Ink:  Versamark
Tools/Embellishments: Ranger embossing powder (Liquid Platinum), organza ribbon (The Ribbon Boutique), adhesive backed pearls (Want2Scrap (large and small), The Paper Studio (medium)), Spellbinders dies (Classic Oval Large, Lacey Ovals, Fair Isle Motifs), Sweet 'n Sassy die (Lacey Eyelet Border)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Clear It Out Challenge - Anything Goes
Pile It On Challenge #58 - Adhesive Embellishments (my pearls are adhesive backed)
Craft Your Passion Challenge #251 - Anything Goes
Cuttin and Stampin Challenge #9 - Gold
Get Creative Challenge #9 - Embossing
Mod Squad Challenge - Make a Background

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me today.  I hope your week is going well and that you'll come back soon.

6 comments:

lulu' creazioni artistiche said...

Pretty card!


Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
Hope we see you again a next challenge.

XXX Lulu'

http://lulucreazioniartistiche.blogspot.it

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the silver embossing - it is a big wow on your card. Thanks so very much for joining us this week at the Pile it On challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Joyce Erb said...

Gorgeous embossing! I haven't tried it on dark stock. Thanks for joining us at The Mod Squad Challenge this week.

Grace Baxter said...

Your card is gorgeous! And I don't think you went overboard on the gold gilding. It is elegant and rich-looking. Lovely.

Christine Harrop said...

This is so lovely. The colours are great and so manly, which marry up with the wonderful verse of scripture. Thank you for joining us at Get Creative. Good luck with the challenge. Christine DT xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah Stephanie this is just superb .. I too watch those videos and yes, have bought things I now love as a result this platinum is not one of them...

.. mm, I may need to look!! :D

Thanks for being a blessing too we are so rich in what the sweet Lord has blessed us with may we keep our focus ever upward,
Shaz in Oz.x

PS joined you blog to hope you might pop over to mine as well :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...