Thursday, September 13, 2007

This is a 2 page 8 x 8 LO I made for my Circle Journal about Words of Comfort. I used some flip-flop fasteners to make a flap on the right page. The butterfly on that page is actually a lift for the flap. Lots of journaling on these pages.



Left side Journaling: When the storms of life come and I find myself needing comfort, these are the verses I turn to again and again. When my heart is overwhlmed and I don't know what to pray, the chorus of the song on the opposite page runs thru my mind over & over again and becomes my prayer.

Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of they wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast. Psalm 57:1

Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all. Psalm 34:19

From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalm 62:1

I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4

Right Side Journaling:
Lord, I Need You by Ron Hamilton

Sometimes when life seems gentle and blessings flood my way,
I turn my gaze away from You and soon forget to pray.
But when the sky grows darker and courage turns to fear,
My anxious voice cries upward with words you long to hear.

Chorus:
Lord, I need You when the sea of life is calm.
O Lord, I need You when the wind is blowing strong.
Whether trials come or cease, keep me always on my knees.
Lord, I need You. Lord, I need You.

Lord, help me to remember I'm weak but You are strong.
I cannot sing apart from You, for Lord, You are my song.
Although I'm prone to wander and boast in all I do,
Lord, keep my eyes turned upward so I depend on You.

Under the flap:



Journaling: When our son was 16, he was hospitalized to receive DHE, an IV med used to treat intense chronic headaches. DHE caused him to have excruciating pain all over his body as it affected all his muscles and caused them to cramp (and it did nothing for his headaches). This horrendous pain would last around 45 min. As I stood there by his bed, watching him struggle with the pain and do his best not to yell, that's when this song became my theme song. Because he was recovering from surgery, my husband couldn't be there the whole time. Without my usual human support, I learned to lean even harder on the Lord. Many times I prayed, "Lord, I can't do this by myself. You have to help me! Lord, I need You!"

Faith is....
Faith - Belief in the truth, value or trustworthiness of an idea, being or person. Loyalty to a person or thing.

Faith is Like a Child by Tom Fettke & Grace Hawthorne

Faith is like a child, simple in its spirit, generous and kind, willing to accept what cannot be denied...

Faith is like a child, innocent and trusting even in its doubt, Honest in its search and trying hard to find what God's about.

Faith is like a child, taking it for granted miracles can be, learning to believe in things it cannot touch or even see.

One thing, simple child-like faith and nothing more, That's all Jesus Christ has ever asked us for. simple child-like faith and nothing more.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...