Monday, April 21, 2008

Change & Joy

The week that Dad fell and ended up in the hospital, the Scripture Challenge word was Change. On the front of my card I wrote "Change can turn you upside down." I didn't know how right I was. I made the card 3 days before Dad fell. Here it is:



The back says:
God NEVER changes.
Malachi 3:5 For I am the Lord, I change not...
However, He wants us to change as we become conformed to His image.
Romans 8:28-29 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Next to this verse in my Bible I wrote a quote from an unnamed preacher, If it's good it's conforming us to God. If it's conforming us to God, it's good.

I missed the next 10 weeks of cards due to all the life events that have happened between now & then. I'm going to try to make them up gradually until I'm caught back up.


This week's word is Joy. On the front of the card I wrote the lyrics to the chorus The Joy of the Lord is my Strength. Here's the card:



The verses on the back are:

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth 3 John 4

...Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. Psalm 126:3

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...