Friday, July 15, 2011

Psalm 118:24 - SNSDC11

This week's challenge at The Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge Blog is to add bling to your card. I paired the 6 Petal Flower Digi Stamp set with one of the verses in the Rejoice in the Lord Digital Stamp set.  I chose Psalm 118:24 because it is one of my Dad's favorite verses.  My dad was a pastor and I remember hearing him quote this on Sunday mornings as he was getting ready to go to church.  He would always emphasize the word "will."






I colored the flowers and leaves with my Prismacolor pencils.  Then I went over them with Deep Green chalk ink. I only attached the flowers in the center and curled up the edges a bit.

I'm not sure how well you can tell but the leaves and the centers of the flowers have distress stickles and the edges of the flowers and around the Scripture panel have star dust stickles around them.  I added some rhinestones to the Scripture panel and some pearl flourishes to add a little more sparkle.





Supply list:
Cardstock:  Recollections
Patterned Paper:  BG (Hello Luscious- Raddish and Yumberry)
Stamps:  Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (Rejoice in the Lord, 6 Petaled Flowers)
Ink:  Color Box Fluid Chalk (Olive Pastel, Deep Green)
Embellishments:  Rhinestones (BG), Pearl Flourishes (Recollections), Stickles (Star Dust), Distress Stickles (Barn Door, Crushed Olive), Prismacolor Pencils, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Stamptacular Sunday #119 - Sketch
Stampin' Sisters in Christ #97 - "What Works for You" (stickles, prismacolor pencils, nestabilities, BG paper)
Craft Your Passion #66 -  Just for You (General card)
Simon Says...Anything Goes

I hope you'll join us this week at The SNS Digi Challenge Blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Shelby Goolsby said...

This is so pretty!! I love the shimmer on the flowers and they are colored beautifully.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, just love the flowers, really pretty!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Stephanie - this is such a pretty card! I love the colours you have used and the wonderful scripture! This is perfect for this weeks challenge! Love it! Thank you for playing along with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge, we love to see you and appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...