Wednesday, September 7, 2011

SIWS13 - God Loves Us

Our focus verse this week in the Say it with Scripture Challenge at the Sweet 'n Sassy Connection is 1 John 4:19, "We love him, because he first loved us."  I really like the reminder in this verse that God drew us to Himself because of His love for us.  Our proper response to His love is not only to love Him in return, but also to serve Him.  But the mind-boggling fact is, that even if we don't love Him as we should, He still loves us anyway!!  Wow! If we started our day meditating on that for awhile, we'd be praising the Lord all day long.



For my card this week, I went with soft, muted colors.  I also went with a technique that is a little out of the norm for me, using gamsol with my Prismacolor pencils.  I also sponged my circle and fancy tag with distress ink before removing them from the dies.  I also backed the fancy tag with patterned paper for a little extra color.  I finished my card off with a few pearls and a little ribbon.  I used this week's The Sweet Stop sketch (SSS124) for the inspiration for my card design.







Supplies:
Cardstock:  Recollections, Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper:  Reminisce (In Bloom)
Stamps:  Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (Hummingbird, God Is Love)
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ink (antique linen)
Embellishments/Tools:  Pearls (Kaisercraft), Ribbon (Offray), Prismacolor pencils, gamsol, Nestabilities (circles large & small, fancy tags 3)


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #127 - The Sky's the Limit
Stampin' Sisters in Christ #105 - Nothing bright
Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes


Be sure to stop by the Say it with Scripture Challenge and grab your free digi.  I also challenge you to spend some time today thinking about the fact that God loved you first.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE it!!

Jan Marie said...

Such a beautiful card, Stephanie! Love the layers, the colors, the coloring, the DP and the image. Beautiful balance! Blessings!

Stjernene said...

A really beautiful card with a wonderful motiv and beautiful papers.

Thanks for joinig our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week.
Hugs, Nina.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Stephanie - the soft colours are perfect with this image! Love the Dies too - everything about your card is lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ, we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty! Love that image! The tag looks great. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

Grace said...

Oh wow!!!! This is stunning! You did a great job with the Prismas and your coloring is gorgeous! Loved reading your thoughts on the wonderful verse too! TFS! Thanks for joining us at SSIC!

Shelby Goolsby said...

This is gorgeous!! The hummingbird is beautiful and I love the pretty details you added to the sentiment. Thanks for joining us on The Sweet Stop.

Shannon White said...

OMGosh this is so Pretty! Love your Sweet humming bird and the lovely soft colors you chose too! Thank so much for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

Grenouille Greetings said...

I could have sworn I had already commented on this post! Such a lovely image and pretty design. The perfect card for our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday! Thank you so much for playing along with us! Hugs, Lesley

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...