Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy Birthday to SNSDC Blog - SNSDC52

In honor of the first birthday of the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge blog, our challenge this week is to make a card for our favorite holiday.  I didn't have to think twice....Christmas is my favorite holiday.  This cute little Rhubarb digi and these papers are some of my favorites too.



I used this week's Mojo Monday Sketch and decided to choose the round option.  I used some of my Spellbinders Grand Circles for the card base and the patterned paper.  I colored Rhubarb and his candy cane with my copics, added some texture to his fur with my colorless blender, and accented the bow with a Sakura clear star glitter pen.  Hopefully you can see the glitter on the bow a little better in the picture below.


I even did a small amount of interior decorating.  Now that I have the grand nestabilities these circle cards are SO much easier.  {Thanks to my wonderful hubby for wonderful Christmas and Anniversary gifts of the Grand Calibur and a couple of the Grand Dies}







Supplies:
Cardstock:  Bazzill, Recollections
Patterned Paper:  Echo Park (Season's Greetings)
Stamps:  Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Stamps (Beary Christmas Sentiments, Rhubarb's Candy Cane)
Tools/Embellishments:  Spellbinders (Standard Circles Large, Grand Circles, Labels Four, Labels Four Small), Fiskars Threading Water border punch, Offray ribbon, Copic markers, Sakura Clear Star pen, Studio 18 rhinestones, ColorBox Fluid Chalk (chestnut roan)

Before I leave, I have to say "Congratulations" to our daughter who is graduating from college today.  Despite many health challenges, she made the Dean's List all 8 semesters.  She'll be starting a Graduate Assistant position this summer and begin work on her Master's degree this fall.  Yep, this mom is just a wee bit proud of her.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you'll play along with us this week.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful Christmas card, Stephanie! I love the circle shape and the design inside & out!

Patricia Hays said...

I love this - the cutout Rhubarb, the ribbon bow, and the holly paper are all great!

Congratulations to your daughter! Making Dean's List all 8 semesters is quite an accomplishment!

Wendy said...

GREAT card!!! I love the patterned paper you chose. FABULOUS. Have a great weekend!!!

Stephanie said...

Wonderful Christmas card..

Melinda Gleissner said...

This is sooooo cute! I love everything about it. Great coloring and design.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...