Thursday, June 27, 2013

Happy {Flowers} Birthday



This card started with a sketch from Papertake Weekly and I tweaked it a bit (rotated it 90 degrees and took out the small strip) to make it work for me.  I used papers from my stash that I bought from a yard sale so I don't know who made them. I did lots of layering and used two strips of diagonally striped paper to make my chevrons.  I covered the seam with ribbon.  The flower centers are black bling.  A little embossing, a little faux stitching and some photo corners complete the card.

Supplies:
Cardstock - Georgia Pacific
Patterned Papers - Unknown
Stamps - Sweet 'n Sassy Digi (Happy Flowers), Mark's Finest Papers (Celebrate Big)
Ink -  Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Copics - YG03, 05; R81, 83, 85; BG10
Tools/Embellishments - Fiskars Decorative Corner Lever Punch (Bracket), M-bossabilities embossing folder (Splendid B), Morex ribbon, Want2Scrap bling (black), CM Fine Point Black pen

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Stampin for the Weekend - Anything Goes
Inky Impressions #114 (IIC114) - Anything Goes
Craft Lovin' Challenge #2 - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - sketch #80 - rotated 90 degrees
Sister Act Challenge #12 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by to visit today.  I hope you'll come back soon.

5 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty card Stephanie-great image and I love how you made the chevrons-creative idea

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

This is a beautiful card, Stephanie. It's the perfect layering of colors, textures and patterns. Blessings!

Peanut said...

So very adorable, Stephanie. Love everything about this card -the DP, image and the sheer ribbon.Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a sweet comment.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

karen said...

Beautiful card I love the colours,thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly, karenx

Bettina L. said...

Love the flower image and the details with the pearls and ribbon. Thanks for playing at Inky Impressions and good luck. Hope to see you bacl wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT member xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...