Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Be Thankful for the {Little} Things

As we think about Thanksgiving tomorrow, it's a time to be thankful for the Lord's blessings to us.  This week's focus verse at Word Art Wednesday puts things into perspective, "Better is little with the fear of the Lord than great treasures and trouble therewith." (Proverbs 15:16)  How much more enjoyable to have few material possessions and know that you are right with the Lord than have many "things" and experience the trouble that comes when you are not following the Lord.  As someone has said, "the most important things in life aren't things." So tomorrow (and every day), let's remember to be thankful for the little things.


This week I decided to use the emboss resist technique with my distress inks.  I stamped the flower images with VersaMark and embossed them with clear embossing powder.  Using an ink blending tool, I used 3 colors of distress inks to go over the image panel.  For the mat on the sentiment panel, I die cut it using white cardstock and then used one of the distress inks to help it coordinate.  A sheer ribbon and bow and some bling finish off the card.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Georgia Pacific
Stamps:  WORDart by Karen, Recollections (flower stamps)
Inks:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Tumbled Glass)
Tools/Embellishments:  ribbon (Michael's), rhinestones (Recollections), Spellbinders (Classic Ovals Small), My Favorite Things (Oval Open Scallop Doily die), Stampin' Up embossing powder (Crystal Clear)

Challenges:
 LEJ Designs Challenge #81 - Button, Bows or Beads (I chose to use a bow)
Aud Sentiments Challenge #94 - Any Sentiment

I hope you'll stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog to see the rest of the projects from my fellow Design Team Members and to pick up your free digi.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I truly am thankful for those who visit and for those who leave comments.  You are greatly appreciated.

 I hope you enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving with those you love.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Love using that technique you've shared today! Your card is gorgeous, love that color! Have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family!

Desire Fourie said...

Just wonderful with such an inspirational sentiment.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...