Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Word Art Wednesday - 2 Corinthians 5:21

It's time for another challenge at Word Art Wednesday.  This week our verse is 2 Corinthians 5:21, "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."  As we anticipate celebrating Easter later this month, it's good to turn our thoughts to what we are really celebrating.  This verse reminds us that Christ took our sin debt, even though He had never sinned, so that we could be made righteous (just as if we'd never sinned).  While I've been taught this truth my whole life, I never cease to be amazed that Christ died for ME.  Why?  Because He loves me so much that He wants me to be in Heaven with Him someday.  And you know, He loves you that much too.  If you haven't accepted His gift of salvation, I hope you will today.



For my card today, I went with a black and gold color scheme.  The black represents my sin that Christ took on Himself.  The gold represents His royalty and the home in Heaven that He has provided for me.  I used this week's sketch by Mojo Monday (Mojo339).  I turned the sketch 90 degrees and the finished card is 3.5" x 5.5"



I popped up the verse panel with pop dots for some dimension and accented it with black pearls.


The black and gold theme was carried through to the inside of the card.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Recollections
Patterned Paper:  The Paper Studio (Simple Elegance 4.5" x 6.5" pad)
Stamp:  WORDart by Karen (2 Corinthians 5:21)
Tools/Embellishments:  Spellbinders dies (Petite Ovals Large, Petite Scalloped Ovals Small), Want 2 Scrap (black pearls)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
MOJO Monday (MOJO339) - Sketch
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Fan-tastic Tuesday Challenge #29 - Use Patterned Paper
Just Keep On Creating April Challenge - Anything Goes
Just Be Creative Crazy April Challenge - Just Because

I hope you'll stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog and see how the rest of the Design Team showcased this verse.  You can also pick up your free digi while you are there.  Thanks for visiting today.  I hope to have more to share with you later this week.

4 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely colour scheme on your very classy card. Lovely design and sentiment. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

suzARTe said...

Such a beautiful card Stephanie, I love the bible verse, papers and lovely embellishments.

So happy that you found JKOC and thanks so much for sharing your cards on the link-up :)

Unknown said...

Such an elegant card - lovely colour scheme.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Papertake Weekly.

Sarah
(GDT)

DebR said...

Beautiful card. Love the patterns and all the details.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...