Monday, May 12, 2014

Butterfly Mother's Day Card



This is the result when I was asked to make a Mother's Day card for a mom of six that likes butterflies.  Her husband knows I make cards and contacted my husband to ask if I would make one for her.  I was happy to say yes.  I really enjoy helping a husband surprise his wife.  :)



The background butterflies and the large butterfly are accented with stickles.  The sentiments on the front were computer generated.  The husband didn't author the poem but from reading his FB posts about and to his wife, he could have.  I found the poem on the internet - I'm not sure of the author so I can't give proper credit.  :(



The interior sentiment is from a Sweet 'n Sassy digi stamp set.  A few more butterflies complete the interior decorating.



For this special card, I decided the envelope needed a little decoration.  More stickles accent these butterflies too.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Bazzill, Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper:  The Paper Studio
Stamps:  Studio G (large butterfly wood mounted stamp), Clear Dollar Stamps (Blooming with Blessings clear stamp set), Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (Mother's Day Sentiments digi set)
Ink:  Memento (Rosebud)
Tools/Embellishments: Uniball Signo White gel pen, pearls (Recollection), ribbon (Offray), Simon Says Stamp die (Folded Banner), Round it All (1/2"), Ribbon Punch (The Paper Studio), Stickles (Star Dust)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - "M" (Mother, mounted stamp)
Inky Impressions Challenge #158 (IIC158) - Mother's Day
Going Gray with Scrap-Creations - Mother's Day/Special Girl
Milk Coffee Challenge - Mother's Day/Special Lady
Just Keep On Creating - Anything Goes
Just Be Creative Crazy - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday - Use Patterned Paper

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope your week is off to a good start.

4 comments:

vivie said...

beautiful card! thanks for joining us at inky challenge!!

Jacquel said...

Such a sweet card! I'm sure she loved it....I LOVE those butterflies!!!

Thanks so much for playing along with us @ Inky Impressions & hope to see you back again for our Flower Power challenge!!!

Rosica Katreva said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Milk Coffee! Good luck!

Hugs Rossi (DT)

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This card is fabulous! It is aesthetically stunning, but I love how you made it so very personal for your friend's wife. I thought it was neat that you found a poem that represented their relationship so well. I also liked all the places you were able to incorporate butterflies- including the envelope! This is a very special card which I'm sure meant a lot to the recipient. Thanks for sharing it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...