Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Quote Collection 4 from ODBD



Happy Wednesday!  We can definitely tell it's fall here in our corner of the world.  It's rainy, the temps are cooler and the trees are beautiful with the various color leaves.  I love fall!  Anyway...., it's Wednesday and that means it's time for another challenge at Word Art Wednesday.  This week our sponsor is Our Daily Bread Designs (aka ODBD).  ODBD generously provided the design team with stamps to use for this week's challenge.  I chose to use Quote Collection 4.  It has five inspirational and encouraging quotes in the set. 



For my first project, I made a tri-shutter card using the Corrie ten Boom quote from the set.  I embellished the card with pearls and ribbon.  The bigger center panel has room for a personal message.

This set was so much fun that I couldn't stop with just one project this week.  I used another quote on the notebook below.  While this specific notebook was a gift for a friend, this style of notebook has quickly become a best-seller for my Sasha Belle Designs endeavors. The matching pen is a popular added touch.


The interior front cover has a pocket and the back of the notepad slips into another pocket so that it can be replaced.  I love these papers.  They are easy to work with and don't need a lot of extra embellishment. The finished notebook is 8.25"x5.25" when closed.


Supplies for the two projects above:
Cardstock: Bazzill (purple), Recollections (cream)
Patterned Paper: The Paper Place
Stamps:  Our Daily Bread Designs (Quote Collection 4)
Ink:  Versafine (Onyx Black), Versamark (card)
Tools/Embellishments:  Want2Scrap (pearl flourish and gems), Spellbinders dies {Classic Ovals Large and Small, Floral Ovals (notebook), Lacey Ovals (card)}, May Arts ribbon (card), Stampendous white opaque embossing powder (card)

Here is another smaller notebook that showcases another stamp from the set.  I really like this quote.  The interior of the notebook has a pocket, 3x3 post-it note pad and a 3x5 replaceable notepad.  The finished size is 3.75"x5.5" when closed.  Both notebooks make great gifts.



This was the first opportunity I've had to stamp with ODBD stamps.  They are a purple (how cool!) rubber stamp mounted on cling foam.  They are pre-cut really well.  I was most impressed with how crisp they stamp.  I've stamped them using VersaFine and VersaMark inks and been very happy with the outcome every time.  They didn't require any prep before using them and it's quite easy to get full ink coverage.  I definitely have some other sets on my wish list and would highly recommend them for their high quality.

Be sure to play along with us this week for an opportunity to win some ODBD stamps of your own.  I hope you'll take time to visit the WordArt Wednesday Blog to see other projects from the rest of the design team.

Thanks for visiting today.

3 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Tri-Shutter card an altered notebooks! Love the added layers on the Tri-Shutter card. Thanks for using ODBD Stamps!

Kelley Holland said...

I love this tri-shutter card!!! Your papers are so pretty and I love the stamps you chose!!! Wonderful!!

Kelley said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for using the ODBD stamps, appreciate it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...