Wednesday, May 27, 2015

But in the Power of God

Hello!  I hope your week is going well. It's time for another Word Art Wednesday challenge. This week we're focusing on the verse in 1 Corinthians 2:5, "That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." Have you ever had to step out in faith in a way that did not make sense to the wisdom of the day? Twice now my husband and I have turned in our resignations, knowing without a doubt that the Lord wanted us to move, but have not known WHERE we were to go. The first time, he had a job and we had a place to live before we finished working out our notice.  However, the second time required a bit more faith. We packed up our belongings and moved in with his mom (for a little less than a month) while the Lord was working out the details of our next ministries.  We knew the Lord had a plan for us that would work out in His timing, however, that didn't mean it was easy to take those steps of faith. I can honestly say, we were so glad we did. Watching the Lord work out all the details was fantastic!! Seeing His power at work was such an encouragement and helps us through the ups and downs that life inevitably brings. It's when we step out in faith, even when the wisdom of man tells us it doesn't make sense, that we truly see the power of God at work.


For my card this week, I used the current sketch at Sweet Sunday Sketches.  I really liked the simplicity of the design and the curved panel. I don't have a die that will make this curved edge (it's on my wish-list) so I used a piece of scrap paper cut to the size of my panel.  I measured up an equal distance on both sides and, using a pencil, sketched a curved edge.  I cut out my template and then traced it on the back of the patterned paper and cardstock.  After cutting along the traced lines, I held the patterned paper and cardstock together and trimmed them at the same time so that the curve on both pieces would match exactly.  I kept my template for future use.


The image from Deedee's Digis was colored with Copics, die cut, matted and popped up over the background. The flower centers were filled with Liquid Pearls and the flowers and leaves accented with Stickles. More Stickles accents both shades of purple flowers in the patterned paper. I'm not sure how well the Stickles on the background paper shows up but in real life it has such a pretty sparkle.  Stickles is my all time favorite way to use glitter and Star Dust Stickles is my favorite shade!! Some faux stitching and purple rhinestones complete the card front.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), Bazzill (purple)
Patterned Paper: Recollections (Blue Ditsy Floral)
Stamps:  WORDart by Karen (1 Corinthians 2:5); Deedee's Digis (Blooming Blessings)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Copics: Y13, 17; YG03, 05; G07; V01, 04, 06
Tools/Embellishments: Stickles (Star Dust), rhinestones (Studio G), My Favorite Things Die-Namics (Blueprints 1), Spellbinders dies (Standard Circle Small, Eyelet Circle), Liquid Pearls (Buttercup), Staedtler fine tip marker (black)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #270 - Sketch
Crafting When We Can Challenge #95 - Bling it Up
Cuttlebug Mania - Bling
Outlawz Greeings Challenge - Anything Goes
Scrapbook Blessings Club - Anything Goes

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me today.  I hope you'll be able to visit again soon.  Don't forget to pick up your free digi at the Word Art Wednesday blog.

7 comments:

Robin said...

This is stunning! I love the way you colored the flowers and that scripture is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at CWWC and good luck. Hugs, Robin

Natalie said...

This card is stunning! So very pretty and a wonderful design! Thanks for sharing your testimony, stepping out in faith can be a challenge but the rewards for obedience certainly make it worth it all. To God be the glory!

Lisbeth said...

hi
This is gorgeous,fab image and details.xxx
thanks for joining us at cuttle bug mania
greetings Lisbeth
DT-cuttle bug mania

morentin1326 said...

Awesome Creation... love the purple...
Thanks for playing along with Scrapbook Blessings Club
Yvonne
♥ Scrapbook Blessings Club DT ♥

Cindy said...

Very pretty card and a great verse! Thanks for sharing with us at SBC this month.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hey, sweetie! I just wanted to invite you to play along with us at Crop Stop. Not many entries. Here is the link for you:
http://www.cropstop.com/blog/linky-party/crop-stop-linky-party-4/

Renata said...

Krasna voščilnica!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...