Happy World Card Making Day ("WCMD")!!! Today is a day set aside worldwide to celebrate our craft. Naturally, Deedee's Digis couldn't let it pass us by without a special event to celebrate! So here's what we've got for you today: "Pick Your Pal" Tic-Tac-Toe!
As you can see, Deedee created a fun game board for you. (Click on it to enlarge it if you need to!) How do you play? Easy-peasy!
1. Choose a row on the Tic-Tac-Toe board, make a card using one of Deedee's Digis that matches that row, share it on your blog or public gallery, and then link it up to our WCMD challenge post in this post here using the linky tool. No back-linking please. You must create a new card for this challenge.
2. Each numbered row on the Tic-Tac-Toe card coordinates to a "Pal" digi that you will receive as a prize for completing that row. There are a total of eight "Pal" digis that you can win, including four from our "Pumpkin Pals" set...
...and four from our brand new, not-yet-in-the-shop "Stocking Pals" set!
3. When you link up your card, please state which row number you followed to create it, and verify that your email address is 100% correct in the link-up so that Deedee can email you your prize!
4. You may participate multiple times to get multiple digis. Each entry must be linked separately, even if you include them in a single blog or gallery post.
5. If you complete the whole Tic-Tac-Toe card ("Blackout") via one card OR by completing three cards representing either all three vertical rows or all three horizontal rows, you will receive both full sets including the additional elements shown in the photos above!
6. In addition to the "Pal" digi prizes shown above, we will also have TWO additional prize drawings at the end of the challenge:
- One entrant will win a spot as our Guest Designer on the Deedee's Digis blog for the month of November! Now, we know that some of you would not be interested in this, so to make sure that we're only drawing from those who are, please, if you are interested in entering this drawing, remember to put "GDT" next to your name in your link-up(s).
- We will draw for a number between "1" and "9" (eight numbered Tic-Tac-Toe rows plus the number "9" for "Blackout"). Everyone who entered a card for that number of row on the Tic-Tac-Toe card will win a $10 gift code to the shop! Yay!!! Lots of winners!!!
There is a lot of inspiration on the Deedee's Digi Blog so please be sure to visit there and to link up your card(s).
For my card, I chose to use Row 8: Keep it clean and simple, Mail your card right away, Use a non-freebie Deedee's Digi image. This would mean that if I were linking up my card in the challenge I would win Puppy Pumpkin Pal for free.
These images are from the Dad's Day Off set were Copic colored and then fussy cut. To make the dog an American Pemroke Welsh Corgi, I "docked" his tail. I then designed the background to resemble a wallpaper wall (the stripes are crooked on the paper), a baseboard and carpet. To make the baseboard, I coated a strip of white cardstock with Versamark and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I repeated the Versamark and embossing powder layers for a thicker end result. The carpet was dry embossed and then distress ink was used to bring out the embossed pattern. The images were popped over with foam squares over the background layer. The sentiment was computer generated and the fishtail banner was hand cut.
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (images, sentiment banner), The Kraft Outlet (kraft), Georgia Pacific (cardbase, baseboard, interior writing panel)
Patterned Papers: My Mind's Eye (All Boy)
Stamps: Deedee's Digis (Dad's Day Off)
Ink: Distress Ink (Antique Linen), Versamark
Copics: Skin (E00, 11; R20), Hair (E25, 31, 35), Pants (B21, 23, 26), Shirt (Y35, 38; YR07), Socks (N0, 3, 5), Chair (E25, 29, 33, 35, 37; C0, 1), Slippers (B26, 32, 34, 39), Dog (R20; N3, 5; E09, 11, 31, 33, 35, 40, 50
Tools/Embellishments: Cuttlebug embossing folder (Basket weave), Stampin' Up embossing powder (Crystal Clear)
I'm entering this card in the following additional challenges:
Going Grey with Scrap-Creations - Birthday
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Inky Impressions Challenge #274 - Dots & Stripes
Cute Card Thursday Challenge #393 - Masculine
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards #101 - Animals (Deedee's Digis is the sponsor - I'm just linking up for fun!)
I do hope you'll play along with us in this fun 2-week challenge! We'll have lots of winners and when you link up your card, you'll receive one of the 8 free digis! Isn't that cool?!
What a fun card! I love the image you used. Thank you for joining us at CC & CC. We hope to see you again!
~ Bonnie DT
Fabulous card, such a fun image!
Many thanks for joining in our Masculine Challenge at Cute Card Thursday this week! Debx
Great masculine card. Infact I would like to have a day like this just to refresh :) Love your card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday CHallenge :)
Post a Comment