Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Guest Designer for Crop Stop

I have the privilege of being a Guest Designer for The Crop Stop blog. I have enjoyed participating in their challenges (I'm linking to the current challenge) and was really happy when Karen asked me to guest design for them. I enjoy using many of the products that are carried in the Crop Stop store.


I love to try new techniques so I thought that this was a perfect opportunity to try this Emboss Resist technique. I've seen it several places on the web but here is a great how-to video from Gina K of Stamp TV. This is the video that inspired my cards. She uses Zig brush markers but I substituted Distress inks and markers with great results. I had so much fun, I couldn't stop with just one card....I had to make two!

On watercolor paper, I scribbled a Chipped Sapphire Distress Marker in various places. I didn't take any care, I just was laying down color. Then, using an ink blending tool, I added other colors of distress inks all over the watercolor paper. I didn't try to blend them. Again, I was just laying down color. Then using a water brush, I softened the edges of each color and did a little simple blending. I dried this with my heat gun. Then, using Versamark and clear embossing powder, I stamped a swirly image randomly all over the image and heat embossed it. I then generously spritzed the entire piece with a mini-mister. I let the water sit on the surface for about 45 seconds and then blotted it off with a paper towel. The vibrant colors were trapped under the clear embossing but the rest of the distress ink started to lighten up considerably. I continued to spritz and blot until I was happy with the colors. I then let them air dry. I kept the embellishments pretty simple so that I wouldn't cover up too much of the pretty background. The first card is a standard A2 size and uses some fantastic glitter paper from DCWV. The second card is 5" square an has a recessed sentiment.



Products from Crop Stop: Mini Mister, Distress Inks {Chipped Sapphire marker (both), Peacock Feathers (both), Faded Jeans (both), Worn Lipstick (rectangle card only), Fired Brick (rectangle card only)}, Versamark Ink, Star Dust Stickles (rectangular card only), Ink Blending Tool 1" Round, Cuttlebug machine,

Other items from brands carried by Crop Stop - Spellbinders Standard Circle Dies Large and Small (square card only), Ranger Multi Medium Matte, Fiskars trimmer (the blades can be purchased at CS), Fiskars butterfly punch (rectangular card only)

Other supplies used on these cards that have not been mentioned above:

Both Cards:
Strathmore Cold Press Watercolor Paper (300 Series)
Georgia Pacific white cardstock 
Recollections black cardstock
The Paper Studio rhinestones and sequins
Stampin' Up! Crystal Clear embossing powder
 
Rectangular Card only:
Inkadinkado clear stamp sets (Floral Flourish, Chelsea Sentiment)
DCWV Glitzy Glimmer paper
Stampendous Opaque White embossing powder
 
Square Card only:
Momenta Butterfly Die
Dare 2B Artzy clear stamp set (Prayers 4 You)
Versafine Onyx Black ink 
Studio G 5" Square cards/envelope set
Bazzill Vellum

I hope you will stop by the Crop Stop for your stamping needs. They carry a wide variety of items from many of the popular manufacturers. Thanks to Crop Stop for allowing me to Guest Design for them. It was so much fun!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...