Wednesday, August 2, 2017

But God Is Faithful

Hello!! I hope your week is going well. Our grandson was visiting last week and now that he's returned home our house sure seems quiet! I sure did enjoy hearing his chatter and the sounds of a little boy playing. Brings back happy memories of when his daddy was little. But you came here for a card not to listen to me walk down Memory Lane. LOL It's time for a new challenge at Word Art Wednesday. This week we are focusing on 1 Corinthians 10:13, "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able, but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." I do love this verse. When we are tempted to do wrong, we don't have to yield to that temptation. The Lord will ALWAYS make a way to escape the temptation to sin. Sometimes, we're to fight the temptation with Scripture and sometimes we are simply to run. If you know a certain place, activity, or whatever is a weakness for you, stay as far away from it as you can. As Adrian Rogers once said, "He who would not fall down ought not to walk in slippery places."


For my card today, I drew inspiration from this card by Mary Fish that I found on Pinterest. I changed up the style of the pocket and added some burlap ribbon for some texture. My favorite Stampin' Up! punch, the Owl Punch, was used for the owl and all the hearts on the bookmark. After punching the elements from various pattern papers, a black marker was used on all the edges to cover the white edge and give each piece a little more definition.


This week's focus verse is on the back of the bookmark. I used some additional heart made with the Owl Punch to carry the theme to the back of the bookmark. I used a Crop-o-Dile Corner Chomper on the top corners of the bookmark. A couple years ago I did a bookmark project for our daughter's book club. I had some of the tassels left over and used one of them on this week's card.


Once you pull the bookmark out of the pocket, you can see there is another owl. I originally thought I'd use bling for the pupils of the eyes but decided against it so that the bookmark would remain flat. The sentiment on the bookmark is from one of my favorite Dare 2B Artzy stamp sets. I used clear Wink of Stella on all the hearts and the owls' eyes.

Supplies:
Cardstock: The Paper Studio Heavy Weight (white card base), Georgia Pacific (white book mark panels)
Patterned Paper: Echo Park (I Love Family 6 x 6 pad)
Stamps: WORDart by Karen, Dare 2B Artzy (Prayers for You clear stamp set)
Ink: VersaMark (Onyx Black)
Tools/Embellishments: WRMK Crop-O-Dile Corner Chomper (Deco/Stub), My Favorite Things Die-namics (Mini Scallop Edge), Stampin' Up! Owl Punch, Tassel from Tassel Depot, The Paper Studio (burlap ribbon), Wink of Stella (clear), Memento marker (Tuxedo Black)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - Must Use Patterned Paper
Outlawz Monday Greeting Challenge - Anything Goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge #5 - Must Use a Critter
Mod Squad Challenge - The Wings the Thing
Crop Stop Challenge #30 - Use items/brands found in the Crop Stop Online Store (I used items from Cuttlebug, Fiskars, Zig, Ranger and My Favorite Things.

I hope you will stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog to see the projects from the rest of the Design Team and to pick up your free digi. Thanks for stopping by and visiting with me today. Please come back later when I'll have a card showcasing one of the new release sets from Our Daily Bread Designs.

5 comments:

Doris Klein said...

This is so lovely and super cute. Nice done

Thanks for playing along with this 2 Crafty Critters Crazies Challenge and good luck!

Hugs
Doris
*GDT* 2CraftyCritterCrazies
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#8 – Birthday (Summer kids are the best))
*DT* Die Sketchtanten

Esther Asbury said...

What a lovely card, and I love that you made a matching bookmark! I love the dp you used on the card - those little flower pots are so sweet!
Thanks for linking this up to the Cropstop blog - it's always great to have you play along!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Your card and bookmark set are beautiful. I love the whimsical paper with the kitty playing with the flower pots.

I especially love the verse, which has been on my mind the last couple of days in the version that says, "The Lord will not give you more than you can bear." Sometimes the temptation part is wanting to give up when something seems too hard to bear.

Thanks for joining the challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. hugs, Teresa DT

Judy Woodland said...

Such an adorable card, and I love that the bookmark has an owl too. So stinkin' cute, great patterned papers. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at The Mod Squad.
Judy MSC Challenge Host~

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What pretty papers to go with your owls. Lovely project! Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...